1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Least Squares source code in C++?

1. Jul 10, 2008 #1
    Does anyone know where to find source code for a simple and fast least squares solver written purely in C++?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2008 #2
    try the C++ version of LAPACK

4. Jul 11, 2008 #3
    I actually already have LAPACK++ installed, however it's really pretty complicated. I'd like some simpler code that I can modify, for instance to implement regularization.

5. Jul 13, 2008 #4

zyh

6. Jul 14, 2008 #5
    Thank you, that might be helpful.

Anyone know of algorithmic pseudocode for least squares anywhere, that I myself could use to create code? A linear regression can be estimated by solving for the (XTX)B=XTy normal equations, but that seems to be different than the decomposition and other approaches I've read about; and also I don't know how I'd be able to modify these normal equations for regularization purposes, as I don't see how the RSS can be modified. What I'm looking for is more of an iterative procedure.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  7. Sep 4, 2008 #6
    I'm having a problem trying to use the Levenberg-Marquardt source code from Numerical Recipes in C. The code requires the gaussj(float**, int, float**, int) function, and according to:
    http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/nrbook/c0-2.pdf

That is found in section 2.1. However, the book's section 2.1 gives a "file is damaged and could not be repaired" error when trying to open it. Does anyone know where I could find the code for this same gaussj() function? Thanks :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?