Polynomial Division Help - x^3 + 4x^2 - 3x - 12 & -x^3 + 75x - 250

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
hopper
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I can't seem to get it... I need some help with 2 of the problems below:

x^3 + 4x^2 - 3x - 12
over
x^2 - 3

and

-x^3 + 75x - 250
over
x + 10

I've tried tutorials and everything, I can get a few but these are just a little tricky for me.

Any help is appreciated. :)
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
What exactly are you suppose to do?

Simplify into a polynomial?
 
Thanks for the reply! I'm suppose to divide them. Thanks. :)
 
I think you should look again at your book to see how one can divide a polynomial by another polynomial.
Or you can look here. It shows you how to divide polynomials, and also provides some examples. From there, you can do the 2 problems, right? :smile: