Possible mistake in question? (system of linear inequalities)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
swag312
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
f8376256013cdfd5c8ac7dee1536d3b7.png


Hello, so there's a graph provided in the task which I'm trying to solve for a quite a while and I am really confused where the 5 to 8 line came from, because (5x+8y<5) doesn't create that sort of line. Is it possible that there's a misstake done by my teacher or am I understanding something wrong?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
swag312 said:
Hello, so there's a graph provided in the task which I'm trying to solve for a quite a while and I am really confused where the 5 to 8 line came from, because (5x+8y<5) doesn't create that sort of line. Is it possible that there's a misstake done by my teacher or am I understanding something wrong?
It certainly looks like a mistake. If the diagram is meant to illustrate the inequalities then the third inequality should be $5x+8y\le40$.