Possible things one can do to increase G.P.A., including the following:

• Thread starter land_of_ice
  • Start date
  • Tags
    increase
In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea that in order to achieve high grades in college, it may be necessary to avoid classes with teachers who do not grade fairly. However, it is also pointed out that a good student should still be able to earn a high GPA regardless of the teacher. There is also a discussion about the difference between homework and exams, and how they may not always align. The conversation ends with the suggestion that a student should be able to answer exam questions if they have completed the assigned homework.
land_of_ice
(In college)
It seems possible that to have 4.0's and 3.0's , that it's logical to deliberately not take teachers who don't grade fairly? (For example particular teacher who assigns homework and then all of his exams look NOTHING like the homework. )

Physics news on Phys.org
Sure, however a good student would get a 4.0 regardless of the teacher.

I don't even get what's going on here. I don't think what you said is a proper sentence.

It's perfectly possible to get 3.0-4.0 GPA...if the teacher made the exam look exactly like the questions on the homework your not learning your memorizing. It's college...not high school

I think the OP means that he won't take certain classes that other people say are hard or the teacher sucks... in order to get a higher GPA.

and i don't think the prof can just pull questions out of their a**. homework ≠ exam, but theoretically you should know how to do questions similar to it because ..well, because that's the course you're in. and that's the homework you've done, the questions you've studied.

1. How can I improve my study habits?

One possible way to increase your GPA is by improving your study habits. This includes creating a study schedule, breaking up study sessions into smaller chunks, and finding a quiet and distraction-free study space. Additionally, using active learning techniques such as summarizing and self-quizzing can also be helpful.

2. Should I take more difficult courses to improve my GPA?

Taking more challenging courses can potentially increase your GPA, as long as you are able to handle the workload and perform well in the courses. However, it is important to find a balance and not overwhelm yourself with too many difficult courses at once.

3. How can I manage my time more effectively?

Time management is crucial for improving your GPA. It is important to prioritize your tasks and allocate time for studying, attending lectures, completing assignments, and other activities. Using time management techniques such as setting goals and breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks can also be helpful.

4. Is it beneficial to seek help from professors or tutors?

Absolutely! Seeking help from professors or tutors can greatly improve your understanding of the course material and ultimately lead to a higher GPA. They can provide additional explanations, review sessions, and offer tips and strategies for success in their course.

5. How can I stay motivated to improve my GPA?

Improving your GPA can be a challenging and time-consuming process, so it is important to stay motivated. Setting realistic goals, rewarding yourself for reaching milestones, and surrounding yourself with a supportive network of friends and family can help you stay motivated and on track to achieve your academic goals.