Premium membership for quiz submissions and blog contributors

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 4K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
For the next seven days anyone who submits a serious physics quiz atleast 10 questions long will be given premium membership ($25 value!).

https://www.physicsforums.com/quiz.php?do=SubmitQuiz

or

Anyone who is committed to writing a post in our blog atleast once a week will also get premium membership.

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Would a serious geology quiz count? Or any other sciences covered here for that matter?
 
Is the prize transferable, say if the quiz author already has premium membership and would like to donate it to someone else?
Or do you just tack on an extra year of premium membership for the winner?
 
Alright, I've written a quiz, but I'm having trouble submitting it. How do I add a picture to an individual question?
 
Math Is Hard said:
Is the prize transferable, say if the quiz author already has premium membership and would like to donate it to someone else?
Or do you just tack on an extra year of premium membership for the winner?

Sure it's transferable :smile:
 
I just have to submit 10 physics questions? what level of difficulty?
 
How do you add pictures to questions?
 
Its says that I have to separate each answer by a line-break. What is that? A new line mayb or some sort of html keyword?
 
matthyaouw said:
Yay, I'm yellow! Thanks Greg! :biggrin:
YAY matttttthyyaaaouw! :biggrin:
 
(I just wanted to check some bbcode for a quiz)
 
Is there anyway to preview the quiz before I submit it? Also, how can I allow more than 1 text answer to be right? For example, if 9.650 was an answer, and the user types 9.651 how do I allow this to be also considerd correct?
 
Last edited:
I'd be interested in writing blog articles on mathematical topics (audience being interested laymen/high school education) and news in that area, with possibly some crossovers in applications to other sciences. I have a few old articles I could touch up to start with.
 
Great! You can go ahead and register here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/wp-register.php

Then I'll set you up as a writer and you can go from there! :smile:
 
Last edited:
Hey Greg. I think there's something wrong with the marking system.