1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Preparations for a future Job [First post]

1. Apr 1, 2013 #1
    Hello there people of the Physics Forum realm,

My name is [Content secured]. I will tell you, however, that I am 14 years old and am looking into the future. Since sixth grade I dreamed of becoming a Theoretical Physicist or a Physicist for NASA. I'm seeking guidance for help on what to take and what not to take in high school and college, what colleges to go to, what degrees to get, and how to all around prepare for the job. I'd really appreciate it if you personal messaged me because I probably won't have time to look at this forum's messages directly.

Thank you very much!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2013 #2

fss

You should probably get through high school before asking about college. Generally you want to take as many math and science courses as you can in high school - AP or IB if your school offers them. Good grades are pretty important.

4. Apr 7, 2013 #3
    Ahhh! Trying to get a head start, eh? Trying to develop a career, eh? 14 isn't too young to start. So here's a to do list.

1) Learn all of high school, trigonometry, calculus, chemistry, and physics. That might take a few years. When I say learn, I mean do every problem and the end of each chapter at least 4 times.

2) Find a mentor. Some one who will delight in seeing you succeed and can provide some guidance and connections.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook