Principal Proprietess of the Tiki Bar

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary: I've told her, she just gave up and left me alone. I think she's finally accepting that I'm not interested.:rolleyes:In summary, Sister Dear's birthday was celebrated with lots of beer, green apple martinis, and shots of SOS. Evo and Lisa were also present, and Sister Dear seems to be over her obsession with Sister Dear.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
Kicking up it a notch.

Feistiest PF Sister, Principal Proprietess of the Tiki Bar,

Happy Birthday, SOS2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a great day, long life, good health, and much happiness!

Hoisting another pint of Guinness. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy birthday SOS!

Happy Birthday SOS! Three times the party today!

Hey, babe;
I have to sneak this in really quickly because W is actually jealous of you... along with Evo, Lisa!, and Moonbear... but mostly you. She, for some reason, seems to think that I'm sexually involved with people several thousand kilometres away. :rolleyes: Regardless, love and best wishes for your B'day.

edit: I just now noticed that the contraction for birthday sounds suspiciously like a bathroom fixture. :redface:

Happy Belated Birthday SOS!

So, what is she going to do in two years?

OMG! I didn't think I had that information in my profile. OMG! I'm senile! I actually woke up this morning without a hang over. OMG! I've lost it--what happened to the green apple martinis!

THANKS to all for the wonderful wishes (and gifts, yeh)! :biggrin:

Before you ask, we are not related.

dav2008 said:
Before you ask, we are not related.

Sure.. that's what all kids with Oedipus complex say :grumpy:

on an unrelated note.. happy birthday SOS :tongue:

Danger said:
Hey, babe;
I have to sneak this in really quickly because W is actually jealous of you... along with Evo, Lisa!, and Moonbear... but mostly you. She, for some reason, seems to think that I'm sexually involved with people several thousand kilometres away. :rolleyes: Regardless, love and best wishes for your B'day.

edit: I just now noticed that the contraction for birthday sounds suspiciously like a bathroom fixture. :redface:
:bugeye:
How does she know us?:devil:

SOS2008 said:
OMG! I didn't think I had that information in my profile. OMG! I'm senile!
Yeeesss...? and your point...? :rofl: Wow, SOS. With a memory like yours, you'll be able to hide your own Easter eggs next year. :biggrin:
I actually woke up this morning without a hang over. OMG! I've lost it--
OH, NO!111

what happened to the green apple martinis!
I drank them. :wink: :biggrin:

Happy Birthday, Sister Dear. I truly hope it is one of your best ever. :smile: (I won't touch any more of your green apple martinis. :biggrin: )

Lisa! said:
How does she know us?:devil:
A full confession was beaten out of me the first day that I moved my computer into our new place and fired it up... forgetting that Evo was my desktop. :redface:

Danger said:
A full confession was beaten out of me the first day that I moved my computer into our new place and fired it up... forgetting that Evo was my desktop. :redface:
:rofl: :rofl: You have to remember to conceal the evidence. :wink:

Women are funny about their men having pictures of other women around and high visible.

Astronuc said:
:rofl: :rofl: You have to remember to conceal the evidence. :wink:
Too late. :grumpy:
She then demanded to know who all of my 'online girlfriends' were. It still wasn't too bad until we got to the bikini shots of SOS. :bugeye:
Strangely enough, she didn't have the same reaction to the pictures of you and Brewski and Integral. :confused:
(And I suspect that she's a wee bit scared of Marlon. :biggrin: )

Danger said:
Too late. :grumpy:
She then demanded to know who all of my 'online girlfriends' were. It still wasn't too bad until we got to the bikini shots of SOS. :bugeye:
You should have mentioned that Evo and SOS were your cousins. :rofl:

That might have gotten me into even worse trouble. It's a bit of a mess of my own creation, though. When she first started pursuing me, I wanted nothing to do with her. She just wouldn't leave me alone, though, and everyone in town knew that I was unattached, so I told her that I was somewhat involved in an on-line relationship. Since PF is the only site that I visit, she made the assumption that it was one of the Sisterhood. It's better to just leave it at that, since 'it' is obviously over with now. There's no point in trying to cover your trail when a Cree is tracking you. They can follow 2 day old squirrel tracks through a pine forest. :frown:

Danger said:
She then demanded to know who all of my 'online girlfriends' were.
Oh I don't know what kind of stories you've told her about your online gfs:uhh: but anyway you can tell her that there's nothing to be worried about me and you because:
1. I'm tooooooooooooooo picky:tongue2:
2. I'm taken well sorta... :wink:

I've told her that there's nothing going on (other than the obvious friendship factor, which irritates her badly enough), but she didn't believe it. On the other hand, she's been on SSRI's for a couple of months now, and has really mellowed out. She hadn't really recovered from her previous husband's death about a year ago, but the anti-depressants have significantly helped. And her first husband was a chronic cheater, so the suspicion isn't that hard to understand. She has since met a few of my real-life 'girlfriends' and had no trouble with it.

Danger said:
I've told her that there's nothing going on (other than the obvious friendship factor, which irritates her badly enough)
hmmm... she certainly knows that what kinda friendship you mean...:biggrin: :tongue2:

Well, she's never read anything that I've posted to any of you (except for one PM). That's probably for the best. Although I've tried to get her interested in PF, she just doesn't know anything about or have any interest in science. The only thing that she uses her computer for is e-mail between her and her two daughters (all kid pictures, at that), and I usually have to open the file for her.
I guess that I can't laugh at her lack of technological understanding, though; her repeated efforts to teach me the proper use of a washwer and drier last night failed so miserably that she got disgusted and decided to do all lof the laundry herself. :wink: :devil:
I think that the turning point was when I folded my shirt into a nice, neat little square, along with the the hanger that was in it. :rolleyes:

What is the "Principal Proprietess of the Tiki Bar"?

The "Principal Proprietess of the Tiki Bar" is a concept in the field of Tiki culture, which refers to the female figure or deity who is believed to be the main owner or controller of the Tiki bar or establishment.

What is the significance of the Principal Proprietess in Tiki culture?

In Tiki culture, the Principal Proprietess represents the divine feminine energy and is often seen as a symbol of fertility, abundance, and protection. She is believed to bring luck and prosperity to the Tiki bar and its patrons.

Is the Principal Proprietess a specific deity or figure?

No, the Principal Proprietess can vary depending on the region or culture. She may be represented by a specific goddess or female figure in Hawaiian or Polynesian mythology, or she may be a completely made-up character created for the Tiki bar.

How is the Principal Proprietess honored in Tiki bars?

The Principal Proprietess is often depicted in the form of a statue or carving, typically placed near the entrance of the Tiki bar. She is also honored through offerings such as flowers, fruits, or libations, and her image may be incorporated into the decor and menu of the establishment.

Are there any rituals or ceremonies associated with the Principal Proprietess?

Yes, some Tiki bars may hold special ceremonies or rituals to honor the Principal Proprietess, such as a blessing or dedication ceremony for a new Tiki bar. These rituals often involve offerings and prayers to the Principal Proprietess for blessings and protection.