Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Principal Proprietess of the Tiki Bar

1. Apr 30, 2006 #1

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Kicking up it a notch.

Feistiest PF Sister, Principal Proprietess of the Tiki Bar,

Happy Birthday, SOS2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a great day, long life, good health, and much happiness!

Hoisting another pint of Guinness. :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2006 #2

Lisa!

Gold Member

Happy birthday SOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Apr 30, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy Birthday SOS! Three times the party today!

5. Apr 30, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Hey, babe;
    I have to sneak this in really quickly because W is actually jealous of you... along with Evo, Lisa!, and Moonbear... but mostly you. She, for some reason, seems to think that I'm sexually involved with people several thousand kilometres away. :rolleyes: Regardless, love and best wishes for your B'day.

edit: I just now noticed that the contraction for birthday sounds suspiciously like a bathroom fixture. :redface:

6. May 1, 2006 #5
    Happy Belated Birthday SOS!

7. May 1, 2006 #6

Mk

So, what is she going to do in two years?

8. May 2, 2006 #7

SOS2008

Gold Member

OMG! I didn't think I had that information in my profile. OMG! I'm senile! I actually woke up this morning without a hang over. OMG! I've lost it--what happened to the green apple martinis!

THANKS to all for the wonderful wishes (and gifts, yeh)!!!! :biggrin:

9. May 2, 2006 #8

dav2008

Gold Member

Before you ask, we are not related.

10. May 2, 2006 #9

cronxeh

Gold Member

Sure.. thats what all kids with Oedipus complex say :grumpy:

on an unrelated note.. happy birthday SOS :tongue:

11. May 2, 2006 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

:bugeye:
    How does she know us?:devil:

12. May 2, 2006 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

Yeeesss....? and your point...? :rofl: Wow, SOS. With a memory like yours, you'll be able to hide your own Easter eggs next year. :biggrin:
    OH, NO!!111 :surprised

I drank them. :wink: :biggrin:

Happy Birthday, Sister Dear. I truly hope it is one of your best ever. :smile: (I won't touch any more of your green apple martinis. :biggrin: )

13. May 2, 2006 #12

Danger

Gold Member

A full confession was beaten out of me the first day that I moved my computer into our new place and fired it up... forgetting that Evo was my desktop. :redface:

14. May 2, 2006 #13

Astronuc

:rofl: :rofl: You have to remember to conceal the evidence. :wink:

Women are funny about their men having pictures of other women around and high visible.

15. May 2, 2006 #14

Danger

Gold Member

Too late. :grumpy:
    She then demanded to know who all of my 'online girlfriends' were. It still wasn't too bad until we got to the bikini shots of SOS. :bugeye:
    Strangely enough, she didn't have the same reaction to the pictures of you and Brewski and Integral. :confused:
    (And I suspect that she's a wee bit scared of Marlon. :biggrin: )

16. May 2, 2006 #15

Astronuc

You should have mentioned that Evo and SOS were your cousins. :rofl:

17. May 2, 2006 #16

Danger

Gold Member

That might have gotten me into even worse trouble. It's a bit of a mess of my own creation, though. When she first started pursuing me, I wanted nothing to do with her. She just wouldn't leave me alone, though, and everyone in town knew that I was unattached, so I told her that I was somewhat involved in an on-line relationship. Since PF is the only site that I visit, she made the assumption that it was one of the Sisterhood. It's better to just leave it at that, since 'it' is obviously over with now. There's no point in trying to cover your trail when a Cree is tracking you. They can follow 2 day old squirrel tracks through a pine forest. :frown:

18. May 3, 2006 #17

Lisa!

Gold Member

:bugeye:
    Oh I don't know what kind of stories you've told her about your online gfs:uhh: but anyway you can tell her that there's nothing to be worried about me and you because:
    1. I'm tooooooooooooooo picky:tongue2:
    2. I'm taken well sorta... :wink:

19. May 3, 2006 #18

Danger

Gold Member

I've told her that there's nothing going on (other than the obvious friendship factor, which irritates her badly enough), but she didn't believe it. On the other hand, she's been on SSRI's for a couple of months now, and has really mellowed out. She hadn't really recovered from her previous husband's death about a year ago, but the anti-depressants have significantly helped. And her first husband was a chronic cheater, so the suspicion isn't that hard to understand. She has since met a few of my real-life 'girlfriends' and had no trouble with it.

20. May 3, 2006 #19

Lisa!

Gold Member

hmmm... she certainly knows that what kinda friendship you mean...:biggrin: :tongue2:

21. May 3, 2006 #20

Danger

Gold Member

Well, she's never read anything that I've posted to any of you (except for one PM). That's probably for the best. Although I've tried to get her interested in PF, she just doesn't know anything about or have any interest in science. The only thing that she uses her computer for is e-mail between her and her two daughters (all kid pictures, at that), and I usually have to open the file for her.
    I guess that I can't laugh at her lack of technological understanding, though; her repeated efforts to teach me the proper use of a washwer and drier last night failed so miserably that she got disgusted and decided to do all lof the laundry herself. :wink: :devil:
    I think that the turning point was when I folded my shirt into a nice, neat little square, along with the the hanger that was in it. :rolleyes:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?