Principles of Technology by the Center for Occupational Research and Development

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jordy1380
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am beginning to teach physics this fall and the previous teacher used Principles of Technology (PT) for a remedial physics course. I have all of the textbooks for this class along with the teacher materials but there is no planning information in regards to pacing, how to use the text in conjunction with the labs, extra worksheets, test banks, etc. I have been looking for materials for this series online but can't seem to find anything. Has anyone had experience using PT and would you mind sharing your planning information for the course?

I really appreciate any help I can get with this. Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why not checkout the pacing on Khan Academy?

You can review the video see how long it took and then decide how to present it in class.

Of course, you could try the inversion approach of assigning the video as homework and then doing the problems in class. The video as homework might mean having the students turn in their notes from the video so you know they watched it.

There may be other free sources online that you can checkout too to see what they provide like Hyperphysics or MIT Online:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/index.html
https://ocw.mit.edu/high-school/physics/

Lastly, there the OpenStax.org physics books that could be further references for you and for your students.

https://openstax.org/details/books/college-physics
and this tutor site of whichI know nothing about other than its part of Openstax and is quite new:
https://tutor.openstax.org/
Will it be Calculus-based or Algebra-based?