Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Probability via logistic regresison

1. Aug 8, 2013 #1
    Hi all,

I have a dataset of 3 continuous variables and 1 binary (YES/NO) variable, I am trying to establish a model for prediction of future similar results using logistic regression. I used some software packages and the results are awesome.
    I would like to know if it is possible to know the probability of the prediction, for example "0.7 NO". Is this possible via logistic regression?? or shall I be using some other test for that?

Thanks,
    Error404

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2013 #2

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

You need to phrase your question clearly. It isn't clear what you mean by "the probability of a prediction". And what do you mean by "test"? Are you asking about statistical hypothesis testing?

If you are using software packages and don't have a fundamental knowledge of probability and statistics, you might get better help by asking about the particular software in the computer technology section of the forum. A thread in the math section is liable to turn into an effort to teach probability and statistics and most threads like that exceed the endurance of the person asking the question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook