Problem Books for GR - Find an Easier Problem Book for Relativity & Gravitation

• Relativity
  • Thread starter Haorong Wu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books Gr
In summary: This is a great book for someone who wants to get a good foundation in GR without being overwhelmed.In summary, this book is designed for someone who wants to get a good foundation in GR without being overwhelmed.
Haorong Wu
Hello,. I am looking for another problem book for GR. I have used Problem Book In Relativity and Gravitation by Alan P. Lightman, et al.

But first the copy I get is not in a good quality. Some texts are vague. Also, it seems too difficult for me. I only can solve about half of the problems in every chapter. Oh, my poor hair. Compared to them, problems in QFT are so delightful.

Therefore, I am looking for another problem book publichsed recently and not too difficult.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Haorong Wu said:
Hello,. I am looking for another problem book for GR. I have used Problem Book In Relativity and Gravitation by Alan P. Lightman, et al.

But first the copy I get is not in a good quality. Some texts are vague. Also, it seems too difficult for me. I only can solve about half of the problems in every chapter. Oh, my poor hair. Compared to them, problems in QFT are so delightful.

Therefore, I am looking for another problem book publichsed recently and not too difficult.

Thanks!
Dont take it too serious... Your hair is more important than any exercise 🤪 there's a book by tai peng on cosmology and GR with solutions to some of its exercises in it. Also the book by schutz has students' solution manual.

Likes berkeman
MathematicalPhysicist said:
Dont take it too serious... Your hair is more important than any exercise 🤪 there's a book by tai peng on cosmology and GR with solutions to some of its exercises in it. Also the book by schutz has students' solution manual.
Thanks! But I could not google the book by tai peng. I am not sure whether you mean Tai-Peng Tsai or others?

Ta-Pei Cheng.
All the best!

Likes Haorong Wu
Last edited:
Likes Haorong Wu and Demystifier

1. What is a "Problem Book for GR"?

A "Problem Book for GR" is a book that contains a collection of problems related to the theory of General Relativity (GR) and Gravitation. These problems are designed to test and enhance the understanding of the reader on the subject.

2. Why should I look for an easier problem book for Relativity & Gravitation?

GR is a complex and advanced topic in physics, and it can be challenging for beginners to grasp the concepts and solve problems. An easier problem book can help build a strong foundation and improve problem-solving skills before moving on to more advanced texts.

3. How do I know if a problem book is suitable for my level?

You can check the level of difficulty of a problem book by looking at the recommended prerequisites and the level of the target audience. It is also helpful to read reviews or ask for recommendations from other readers or experts in the field.

4. Are there any specific features I should look for in an easier problem book for Relativity & Gravitation?

Some features to look for include clear and concise explanations, a variety of problem types, and detailed solutions. It is also beneficial to choose a book that aligns with your learning style and has a good balance between theory and practice.

5. Can an easier problem book for Relativity & Gravitation still prepare me for advanced studies?

Yes, an easier problem book can serve as a stepping stone for more advanced studies in GR. By mastering the fundamentals and building problem-solving skills, you will be better equipped to tackle more challenging texts and problems in the future.