Problem involving different numbers of apple, banana and mango trees

In summary, the conversation discussed the minimum number of trees for different types of fruit, with apples, bananas, and mangoes having 22 trees per row. The total number of rows for each type of fruit was also mentioned. The speaker was seeking confirmation for their solution and was advised to verify it themselves.
chwala
Gold Member
Homework Statement
Kindly see attached.
Relevant Equations
lcm/hcf
1632307007208.png

I have done the working on the attached sheet, i got ##3## as the minimum. I do not have the mark scheme for this worksheet.
Apple trees will have ##22## trees per row ( 3 rows in total).
Bananas will have ##22## trees per row (4 rows in total).
Mango trees will have ##22## trees per row (5 rows in total).

Your thoughts highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
phinds said:
What is your question?
I would like to confirm my solution phind.

chwala said:
I would like to confirm my solution phind.
So, you are unable to do that yourself? You need to learn to plug your answer back into the problem statement and verify that your solution works. You should not need anyone else to do that for you.

Likes chwala
My solution is correct, cheers...

Likes phinds

1. How many apple trees are there?

The number of apple trees cannot be determined without additional information. The problem only states that there are different numbers of apple, banana, and mango trees, but does not specify the exact quantities.

2. What is the total number of trees?

Again, the total number of trees cannot be determined without more information. The problem only mentions three types of trees, but does not specify the total number of trees.

3. How many more mango trees are there than banana trees?

The problem does not provide enough information to answer this question. We do not know the specific quantities of each type of tree, so we cannot compare the numbers.

4. Can you provide a mathematical equation to solve this problem?

Unfortunately, without knowing the specific numbers of each type of tree, it is not possible to create a mathematical equation to solve this problem. We would need more information to accurately solve the problem.

5. Are there any constraints or limitations to this problem?

The problem does not mention any constraints or limitations, but it is important to note that the numbers of trees must be positive integers. Additionally, it is assumed that all trees are healthy and producing fruit.