1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problems and solutions in quantum mechanics by Tamvakis Kyriakos

1. Aug 20, 2013 #1
    has anybody read this book?? DO you think solution to questions of this book are good ??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 22, 2013 #2
    I have never read about the book. David Griffth 's introduction to quantum mechanics is better for learners. It is a classic.

4. Aug 29, 2013 #3
    yeah it's good if you are starting this course ..i wanna actually practice something for some exam and wanted to do it little fast ..griffith's would take a little while !! i would be more awesome if someone can suggest me some book that's beneficial for quick revision of concepts or something ??

5. Aug 30, 2013 #4
    I have learnt quantum mechanics 6 years ago. I got my PHD in theoritical physics now. When I studied QM for the first time , I can't understand until I meet Griffith's book. It is very worth reading. I give you a suggestion that there is not an easy way to study QM.
    Your must be familiar to classical mechanics of Newton's form, Lagrange and Hamilton's form, linear algebra, partial differential equation. With that kind of knowledge, you can study QM. Without this kind of knowlege, you may learn how to use QM, you can't understand QM.

6. Aug 30, 2013 #5
    Griffiths is definitely number one for an introduction; however, Quantum Mechanics: An accessible introduction by Robert Scherrer is an excellent text as well as it includes mathematics chapters on linear algebra and the such.

As for the book you mentioned, I have never heard of it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted