KMconcordia
- 6
- 0
It's not a matter of some handy formula readily applied. You must first decide your approach. I described two options.KMconcordia said:So which formula would be the correct way to approach part B?
The system has zero linear momentum throughout, but after the collision they will each have linear momentum.Delta2 said:@haruspex you say something about using conservation of linear momentum... I tried to read the problem as carefully as I could but I couldn't find any data regarding the linear momentum of any of the bodies, isn't the linear momentum 0 for all bodies of the system (before and after the "collision")?
Do you have any other way in mind about approaching this problem? My final exams tomorrow and I am very lost..Delta2 said:@haruspex you say something about using conservation of linear momentum... I tried to read the problem as carefully as I could but I couldn't find any data regarding the linear momentum of any of the bodies, isn't the linear momentum 0 for all bodies of the system (before and after the "collision")?