Problems/solutions manual/pdf/website waves and vibrations

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulties of finding problems and solutions for waves and oscillations due to a poor teacher and inadequate textbook. The recommendation is to search for Feynman's "Lectures on Physics" and "Feynman's Lectures on Physics problems with answers" to find a useful resource. The book in question is "Waves and Oscillations" by W.F. Smith.
Geranimo
Hi, my teacher is pretty bad at teaching, my book offers problems with no solutions and poor examples, and there is no solutions for the problems on the internets. Does anyone know a manual/pdf/website where I can find problems and solutions for waves and oscillations? I have read the book and everything but it is just too theoretical and doesn't say how to solve problems at all.

Physics news on Phys.org
Geranimo said:
Hi, my teacher is pretty bad at teaching, my book offers problems with no solutions and poor examples, and there is no solutions for the problems on the internets. Does anyone know a manual/pdf/website where I can find problems and solutions for waves and oscillations? I have read the book and everything but it is just too theoretical and doesn't say how to solve problems at all.

Geronimo -- Look for Feyman's "Lectures on Physics", available on the internet and also search for "Feyman's Lectures on Physics problems with answers" to find http://www.feynmanlectures.info/exercises.html

Geranimo said:
I have read the book and everything but it is just too theoretical and doesn't say how to solve problems at all.

Which book is it? Then people won't embarrass themselves by recommending it to you. :olduhh:

• Waves and oscillations by W.F. Smith

But then I'm exposed to better physicist who understood better than me and know how to solve problems :nb)

What is a wave?

A wave is a disturbance that travels through a medium, carrying energy from one place to another without causing a permanent displacement of the medium itself.

What are the different types of waves?

There are two main types of waves: transverse waves and longitudinal waves. Transverse waves involve particles moving perpendicularly to the direction of the wave, while longitudinal waves involve particles moving parallel to the direction of the wave.

What causes vibrations?

Vibrations are caused by the back-and-forth motion of an object. This motion typically occurs due to an external force or disturbance acting on the object.

How are waves and vibrations related?

Waves are the result of vibrations traveling through a medium. The frequency of the vibrations determines the frequency of the resulting wave.

What are some common applications of waves and vibrations?

Waves and vibrations have a wide range of applications in various fields, including communication technology, medical imaging, and earthquake detection. They are also important in understanding the behavior of sound and light.