Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Procedure to determine total kjeldahl-nitrogen Kj-N for leachate

1. Aug 17, 2007 #1
    Kindly recommend a procedure to determine total kjeldahl-nitrogen Kj-N for leachate.

I use the hach method and I want to compare it with another one especially that I'm participating in a universal proficiency test.

Thanks in advence.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Astm D-1426-03
  4. Aug 17, 2007 #3
    thank you my friend.i'll search for it.
  5. Aug 28, 2007 #4
    Can someone tell me where to find the details of this procedure. I couldn't find anything on net, and i cannot buy the ASTM Book.

Thanks in advance.
  6. Sep 23, 2007 #5

I am an environmental chemist and have considerable experience with this test.

ASTM methods are copyrighted and so will NOT be found online.

But there perfectly good perfectly available EPA methods that work just as well.

Here is a link that has all the methods you can download:

Here's the method you're looking for . . .

Hope this helps.

Jeff Corkern
    Consider the following as a statement of logic and rank it as "True" or "False."

"If people possess immortal souls, it should be possible to deduce this by logical analysis of their behavior."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?