Procedure to determine total kjeldahl-nitrogen Kj-N for leachate

  • Thread starter Thread starter nhfs49
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Procedure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
nhfs49
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Kindly recommend a procedure to determine total kjeldahl-nitrogen Kj-N for leachate.

I use the hach method and I want to compare it with another one especially that I'm participating in a universal proficiency test.

Thanks in advence.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Can someone tell me where to find the details of this procedure. I couldn't find anything on net, and i cannot buy the ASTM Book.

Thanks in advance.
 
nhfs49 said:
Can someone tell me where to find the details of this procedure. I couldn't find anything on net, and i cannot buy the ASTM Book.

Thanks in advance.


I am an environmental chemist and have considerable experience with this test.

ASTM methods are copyrighted and so will NOT be found online.

But there perfectly good perfectly available EPA methods that work just as well.

Here is a link that has all the methods you can download:

http://www.cornerstonelab.com/Inside-Pages/downloads.html


Here's the method you're looking for . . .

http://www.cornerstonelab.com/EPA-Methods/100-400/351_3.PDF

Hope this helps.


Jeff Corkern
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consider the following as a statement of logic and rank it as "True" or "False."

"If people possesses immortal souls, it should be possible to deduce this by logical analysis of their behavior."

www.theninepointfivetheses.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Last edited: