1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Program Switch Comp Eng - Comp Sci

1. Feb 23, 2012 #1
    Hello,
    I am currently in my Second year of Computer Engineering, but I often find myself not enjoying the electrical engineering courses that we have to take (Electromagnetics, Microelectronics, Circuits and Systems) but I immensely enjoy the programming courses and the Computer Engineering courses that we take such as Microprocessor Systems and Logic Design

I am looking at possibly switching program streams from Computer Engineering into Computer Science, and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2012 #2
    I know someone who is in a similar situation, but it was too late for him to switch.
    He wholeheartedly hated the EE courses.
    I don't think its too late for you to perform the switch, plus, you should be able to get some credit from your previous computer engineering courses transferred the CS degree.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook