Program that calculates the list of x and f(x) for a given function

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 2K views
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
191
Is there an online program that for a given function value and range, it lists the f(x) and x?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Doesn't a spreadsheet do this, e.g. a spreadsheet on Google Drive is free just get a Google account.
 
Arman777 said:
Is there an online program that for a given function value and range, it lists the f(x) and x?

What about a spreadsheet?

[edit]gleem was a little faster.[/edit]
 
How familiar are you with spreadsheets?
 
gleem said:
How familiar are you with spreadsheets?
Not much but I am searching I am sure I ll find a way
 
Go to the Google site and create an account.
 
At the top of the page is the Google banner and on the right is an icon consisting of a 3x3 symbolic matrix. Click on this to get into Googles apps In the menu click on Drive . Click on My Drive button to access the Window Office like apps. Click on Sheet to open the spreadsheet. You can create most any function you want by selecting the Insert button and then the function button.
 
Arman777 said:
Is there an online program that for a given function value and range, it lists the f(x) and x?

What's the context, i.e., why do you want to do this?

You've described using Python to solve some problems in recent threads. Is there a reason you don't just use Python? Note that there are some Python interpreters that you can access online, e.g. here, if this is somehow important.
 
wle said:
What's the context, i.e., why do you want to do this?

You've described using Python to solve some problems in recent threads. Is there a reason you don't just use Python? Note that there are some Python interpreters that you can access online, e.g. here, if this is somehow important.
gleem said:
At the top of the page is the Google banner and on the right is an icon consisting of a 3x3 symbolic matrix. Click on this to get into Googles apps In the menu click on Drive . Click on My Drive button to access the Window Office like apps. Click on Sheet to open the spreadsheet. You can create most any function you want by selecting the Insert button and then the function button.
oh I know that functions but I actually mean the mathematical functions like e^x etx .well yes I actually can write in python and I did it so I guess problem solved.
 
Arman777 said:
oh I know that functions but I actually mean the mathematical functions like e^x etx

Did you click on more in the menu for the whole list of available functions like e^x which is actually exp(x).