Pros and cons of a Ph.D in biotechnology

  • Thread starter Thread starter Syed Ammar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Biotechnology Ph.d
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Syed Ammar
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
What are the pros and cons of going for a Ph.D in biotechnology...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Please provide more information, such as what your current major is, what do you want to do?
 
Actually I am on the last class at high school and was considering whether to be a biotechnologist or a nuclear engineer... I can`t figure out which to choose so was asking for advice...??
 
As far as I know "Biotechnology" is not a clearly defined field. You will most likely find yourself studying Electrical Engineering, Microbiology, Bio or Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Materials Science, etc. etc.

It is similar to Robotics in that sense. Typically research is done by interdisciplinary teams rather than a jack-of-all-trades single person.

I went to school for Electrical Engineering and I'm working on biotechnology.