Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prosecuted for not filling in cenus form

1. Oct 8, 2007 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Well why the heck should i fill one in, i pay all my taxes, every company on gods earth know where i live, if the goverment do not ,well what the heck are they useful for, sod em i say sue me.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wolram, are you being bad again?

4. Oct 8, 2007 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Bad as wanting to do harm to red tape aficionados to right, but not bad as a the good guy i am.

5. Oct 8, 2007 #4
    I had a job with the Department of Agriculture doing a sheep census, but I got fired for sleeping on the job.

6. Oct 8, 2007 #5

wolram

Gold Member

LOL.

At least your sheep do not get bombarded with sales literature.

7. Oct 8, 2007 #6

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

LMAO! :rofl:

8. Oct 8, 2007 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had the worst job ever with the Department of Health, doing a Draculum census ... it really sucked!

9. Oct 8, 2007 #8
    My parents got a census form that asks WAY too many questions that are simply none of their business. As far as I am concerned they don't need to know any more than who lives at the residence. What your anual income is, the valuation of your property, insurance premiums you pay, social security income, interest income, etc. are simply none of their business. If they want to know about income they can contact the IRS.

10. Oct 8, 2007 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I actually was reading the sheep census documents on USDA's website last week. It took a whole pot of tea to get through it! Then again, I was also following up with reading the transcripts of the Congressional hearings on the farm bill, which included such gems of questioning such as (paraphrasing here):
    Some member of Congress: What do you think of the recommendation to require individual ID numbers assigned to all farm animals?
    President of Sheep Industry Association: Since we already do that to control scrapie, as long as you can make it work with the system we have, fine.
    :rolleyes:

11. Oct 8, 2007 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I thought my job was bad. You can read through that and remain sane?

12. Oct 8, 2007 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Remaining sane requires starting out sane. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?