Proving inequalities for these Sequences

In summary, the conversation revolved around a student seeking help with section 3 of a problem and receiving advice to learn Latex for better readability. The student agreed to do so and expressed gratitude for the assistance.
sergey_le
Homework Statement
Let an be sequences so that an+1-an>-1 and |an|>2 for all n.
1.Prove that if there is a natural N such that aN is positive, then an> 2 for all
2. From paragraph 1, conclude that almost all organs are positive or that almost all organs are negative.
3. Prove that if every n exists an+1<an/a1 than a1<0
Relevant Equations
-
I need help only in section 3
I have some kind of solution but I'm not sure because it seems too short and too simple.
We showed in section 1 that an> 0 per n.
Given that an + 1 <0 and an + 1 = an / a1 therefore a1 <0 is warranted

Physics news on Phys.org
It is really time to learn some Latex because this is unreadable. At some point in your scientific career, you will need to use this anyway so might as well learn the basics (takes 5 minuts, just start with putting hashtags around math expressions). See here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

Likes sergey_le and berkeman
Math_QED said:
It is really time to learn some Latex because this is unreadable. At some point in your scientific career, you will need to use this anyway so might as well learn the basics (takes 5 minuts, just start with putting hashtags around math expressions). See here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/
Ok I will read it and post my question again.
I know it's hard to understand me either because my English is not good.
Thank you for everything

Likes member 587159
sergey_le said:
Ok I will read it and post my question again.
I know it's hard to understand me either because my English is not good.
Thank you for everything

Thanks for putting in effort. This is one of the main characteristic a good student must have!

Likes sergey_le

What is the definition of an inequality?

An inequality is a mathematical statement that compares two quantities using symbols such as <, >, ≤, ≥. It indicates that one quantity is greater than or less than the other.

What are some common methods for proving inequalities?

There are several methods for proving inequalities, including algebraic manipulation, induction, and using properties of inequalities such as the transitive property and the addition and multiplication properties.

Can inequalities be proved using graphs or diagrams?

Yes, inequalities can be represented and proved using graphs or diagrams. For example, a number line can be used to represent and visualize the relationship between two quantities in an inequality.

When proving inequalities for sequences, what should be considered?

When proving inequalities for sequences, it is important to consider the pattern or trend of the sequence, the values of the terms in the sequence, and any given constraints or conditions.

Are there any common mistakes to avoid when proving inequalities?

Yes, some common mistakes to avoid when proving inequalities include not considering all cases, using incorrect algebraic manipulation, and assuming that the given inequality is true without proper justification.