Pursuing a Career in Medical Imaging and International Opportunities

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
eXorikos
Messages
281
Reaction score
5
I'm graduating this year with a master in nuclear physics. In my bachelors I did a minor in medical radiation physics. This way I was introduced to medical imaging and I decided to take elective courses from the postgraduate advanced medical imaging. If I hadn't chosen my thesistopic then, I would have chosen one in the medical imaging department.

So I will graduate with:
Bachelor in physics minor medical radiation physics
Master in nuclear physics with elective courses in medical imaging.

Will I qualify for research jobs in medical imaging or should I better focus on a different career?

I prefer a career in an international environment which will bring me opportunities to move elsewhere along the road. I guess I'm not the only one.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The research positions in medical imaging that I've seen almost all required a PhD. Realistically you won't be competative for post-doctoral research positions in imaging centres. But that's not to say you can't do it. One option might be to get involved with research and development in the commercial sector.
 
I will apply for a PhD position at my university, but other than that the private sector is where I will look. Any advice on that?