1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pursuing a Masters in Engineering with a BA in physics?

1. Mar 20, 2012 #1
    Hey all,

A long story short: I'm graduating from small (decent but not spectacular) liberal arts school in the NW with a BA in Physics (actually, I doubled in studio art, but what does that have to do with anything?). My GPA is probably going to be about a 3.5 when I graduate with about a 3.5 in Physics. I have no research experience - the most I can point at is advanced lab coursework. I've been struggling to find something physics-related in my area, but nearly everyone seems to want an engineer or someone who already has work experience (though this has not stopped me from applying).

I'm toying with the idea of pursuing a Masters in an engineering discipline (probably EE or mechanical). As a physics student, I'm not sure what that process would look like, and I was curious if any of you have done it or know more about it. As always, tips and advice are highly appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted