1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Put in order from most to least important (easy)

1. May 5, 2010 #1
    rank these, 1- the most impact or importance and 6- the least impact on modern life.

Anesthesia
    Penicillin/Antibiotics
    GM Foods
    Birth control pill
    Coronary by-pass surgery
    Human genome project

what do u think? there is no correct answer...just curious to see what others say.

2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2010 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Define impact, define modern life. A lot depends on what you mean by these two.

4. May 6, 2010 #3
    its not that complicated..by the most impact i mean which of them has affected us the most..can be a negative or positive impact, and by modern life i mean life today, not in the past, not in the future.
    like i said, there is no right answer as long as you can argue why you chose that order, but im not asking for all that..just simply rank them.

how i ranked them:
    1) Penicillin/Antibiotics
    2) Birth control pill
    3) GM Foods
    4) Anesthesia
    5) Coronary by-pass surgery
    6) Human genome project

5. May 7, 2010 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I would push birth control pill up and GM Foods down. I don't have hard numbers, but I think on the global scale GM crops are still only small part of the total. Birth control pill is responsible for putting old social system on its head, woman role in society was completely different 50 years ago than it is now.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook