[Q]Why does latex code fail to post fomula now?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter good_phy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code Latex
In summary, the conversation was about the use of LaTeX code on the physics forum server. Before the server moved, the code worked well, but now it is malfunctioning. The reason for this was discussed in a previous thread, and it was mentioned that LaTeX is not yet up and running. The user expresses their inconvenience without LaTeX and urges for its speedy installation. The conversation also briefly touches on a forum member's avatar change and the return of LaTeX functionality thanks to chroot.
good_phy
Before physics forum sever moved, latex code i wrote did well

But at this time, all latex code i wrote fail mulfunctions.

What happened? and How do i have to do?

Physics news on Phys.org
good_phy said:
Before physics forum sever moved, latex code i wrote did well

But at this time, all latex code i wrote fail mulfunctions.

What happened? and How do i have to do?
This was discussed in the thread about moving the server. LaTeX isn't up and running yet.

Thank you~i didn't know that how inconvenient i am without latex.

Please be hurried to install latex server!

Greg Bernhardt said:
chroot is working on latex right now

hey Greg, what happened to your Hillbilly Pappy with moonshine and musket avatar?

for some reason, it's going to be an adjustment to think of you as a fish.

rbj said:
hey Greg, what happened to your Hillbilly Pappy with moonshine and musket avatar?

for some reason, it's going to be an adjustment to think of you as a fish.

haha this is to show the softer side of me o:)

chroot has latex working again, but will return later to fix the transparency issues. :approve:

yea! I've already put it to use.

Question 1: What is LaTeX code and why is it used?

LaTeX is a document preparation system that is widely used in the scientific and academic community. It allows users to create high-quality documents with complex mathematical equations and symbols. It is preferred over other word processing software because it provides more control and options for formatting and typesetting.

Question 2: Why is my LaTeX code failing to post formula now?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that there is an error in the code itself, such as missing brackets or incorrect syntax. Another common issue is that the necessary packages for the specific formula or symbol are not included in the code. It is also possible that there is a compatibility issue with the platform or software being used.

Question 3: How can I fix my LaTeX code to post formula successfully?

The best way to troubleshoot and fix LaTeX code is to carefully review the code and check for any errors or missing packages. It can also be helpful to consult online resources or forums for specific issues or to seek assistance from other LaTeX users. Additionally, updating to the latest version of LaTeX or using a different platform or software may also resolve the issue.

Question 4: Are there any common mistakes that can cause LaTeX code to fail?

Yes, there are a few common mistakes that can cause LaTeX code to fail. These include incorrect syntax, missing packages, and using incompatible code for the platform or software being used. It is important to carefully review the code and check for these potential issues before attempting to post a formula.

Question 5: Can I use LaTeX code on any platform or software?

While LaTeX is a widely used document preparation system, it may not be compatible with all platforms or software. It is important to verify the compatibility of LaTeX code with the specific platform or software being used before attempting to post a formula. Some platforms or software may require additional plugins or packages to successfully display LaTeX code.