1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum particle-pair creation effect on spacetime

1. Feb 16, 2006 #1
    I am curious as to whether quantum particle-pair creation could be responsible for cosmological inflation.

Question 1: Is there any theory about quantum particle-pair creation effect on local space-time? Obviously, where a particle exists there is gravitation, where no particle exists there is no gravitation. Quantum particle-pair creation must have some impact on the gravitational field and space-time. If gravity and space-time are equivilent, does particle-pair creation mean local spacetime expansion? Or is gravity and spacetime not as tightly related as I am supposing?

Question 2: Is neutrino/anti-neutrino a valid candidate for quantum particle-pair creation? I only find electron/positron pairs mentioned in articles about quantum particle-pair creation. Perhaps there is there a reason that the quantum field does not create neutrino/anti-neutrino pairs?

Question 3: For particle-pair creation to inflate the universe, very long-lived particles are required. Obviously electron/positron pairs would attracte and annihilate each other quickly. I thought maybe neutrino/antineutrino pairs might survive longer. However, none of this idea works if the neutrino has a short half-life. Is there any information available on the half-life of the neutrino or anti-neutrino?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted