Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Teleportation of 3D objects

1. Sep 5, 2011 #1
    Multivese Travel.
    Is the theory traveling between Multiverses by striping us into electrons then transmiting them through worm holes then reconstructing them on the other side
    like a fax!

Is it possible?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2011 #2
    This is not quantum teleportation. It has also nothing to do with multiverses. This is just a regular space travel, if wormholes really do exist.

But quantum teleportation of 3d objects is an interesting topic itself. Usually, we have only the access to the external layers of any object. We would have to "melt" the object, removing its layers and scanning them repeatedely. Then we would have to reconstruct the object layer by layer, like 3d printer.

4. Sep 5, 2011 #3

xts

No, that is not possible.

Have you probably seen somewhen a TV program about surgeons spending several hours to attach cut finger. So now split yourself into 1027 individual atoms. Good luck finding surgeon able to reconstruct you back from that many pieces.

5. Sep 12, 2011 #4
    it is quantum teleportation of 3d objects
    because you need a quantum computer to strip an object in to electrons.

6. Sep 13, 2011 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is really nonsense, I'm afraid. It doesn't sound like you have much background here. You might want to start reading up on what Quantum Teleportation really us.

7. Sep 14, 2011 #6
    Before 3D quantum teleportation we'll see teleportation by 3D printing.
    Somewhere in Europe scientists have already built a model plane by 3D printing
    that actually flew.
    Note, teleportation by 3D printing is really creating a replica of the original, so it is not
    teleportion in true sense, in which the 'original' vanishes.
    I do not see why it would not be possible in the distant future to make a 3D printing of
    a human body, cloning/teleportation will take new names.

8. Sep 14, 2011 #7

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

That strikes me as so wildly optimistic as to be WAY overly speculative. To add to that, even if it WERE to become possible, I'm pretty confident that it would just transfer the meat, not the contents of the brain.

9. Sep 14, 2011 #8

DrChinese

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Remember that scene in The Fly? I think Fido got fried.

:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook