Question template in homework forums

• Complaint
  • Thread starter pc2-brazil
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of a repetitive question template appearing when using the "Preview Post" button in the homework/coursework forum. Despite it being a nuisance, there are no plans to fix it as it is a simple template hack that the speaker does not want to escalate in complexity. The solution suggested is to simply delete the redundant template before saving the message.
pc2-brazil
Good afternoon,

In every homework/coursework forum, the page for "Post New Thread" presents a question template for being used.
The problem is that, everytime one clicks the "Preview Post" button, the same template gets repeated at the end of the message and one has to erase it every time when generating a preview of the message to be sent.

Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I understand it's a bit of a nuisance, but we don't have any plans on fixing it. Right now it's a simple template hack and I would rather not escalate it's complexity.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I understand it's a bit of a nuisance, but we don't have any plans on fixing it. Right now it's a simple template hack and I would rather not escalate it's complexity.

OK, thank you.

When one previews - just deleted the redundant template(s) before saving.

1. What is a question template in homework forums?

A question template in homework forums is a standardized format used for asking questions about homework assignments or concepts. It typically includes sections for providing background information, stating the problem or question, and any relevant details or resources.

2. Why is it important to use a question template in homework forums?

Using a question template in homework forums helps to ensure that your question is clear and organized, making it easier for others to understand and provide helpful responses. It also helps to avoid duplicate or irrelevant questions.

3. How do I use a question template in a homework forum?

The specific format of a question template may vary, but it usually involves filling in the relevant sections with information about your homework assignment or question. Some forums may have a designated template that you can copy and paste, while others may require you to manually structure your question.

4. Can I modify a question template to fit my specific question?

Yes, you can modify a question template to fit your specific question. However, it is important to ensure that you still include all the necessary information and follow the general format of the template. Modifying the template too much may make it difficult for others to understand your question.

5. Are there different question templates for different subjects or types of questions?

Yes, there may be different question templates for different subjects or types of questions. For example, a math question may require different information than an English question. It is important to use a template that is appropriate for the subject or type of question you are asking.