1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about certain SUNY schools

1. Apr 11, 2012 #1
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the physics departments at Suny Binghamton, buffalo, or geneseo. I got accepted to all and was curious on hearing how the department works as a whole, research opportunies, etc.

Thanks you.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2012 #2
    I have a lot of friends who go to SUNY Buffalo. They tell me that the research activity there is not extremely outstanding (in regards to the amount of research that goes on) but not minimal either.

I'm not too familiar with the physics department specifically though so it might be different from the life sciences...

The people I know who go to SUNY Binghamtom just party like crazy.

4. Apr 11, 2012 #3
    Do you think it would be a viable strategy to attend Binghamton just to gain more attention and assistance from professors for research due to there being lesser academic competition against other students who party too much?

5. Apr 11, 2012 #4
    I meant to say the people I know that attend Bing party too much. I wouldn't really know if everyone that went to Bing was like that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook