Which SUNY schools are best for transferring to for a Ph.D in Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
aglo6509
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
So I'm studying at a community college majoring in Physics. My ultimate goal is to get my Ph.D in physics (not quite sure yet in what field), but I plan on transferring to a SUNY (State University of New York) school to cut out some expensives. My question is however would a SUNY school be a good enough school for a graduate school to accept me?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know if it has any bearing on your situation, but my current Physics professor attended SUNY followed by MIT for her PhD.
 
Of the SUNY campuses, Stony Brook is the best known for physics and other physical sciences. Albany and Buffalo also have decent undergraduate physics programs, although probably not with as big a variety of research as Stony Brook.
 
Which Suny schools should I try and apply for after i graduate from my community college? I was thinking Stony Brook and UAlbany, what are some other good schools?