Questions about Muon Lab: Timing, Light Signals, Saturated Amp Output

  • Thread starter Thread starter SAGHTD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Lab Muon
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
SAGHTD
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I'm need some help understanding my lab concerning the muon. I'm trying to find information about the lab but I'm not find anything. I just would like to know the following:-

1.Does changing the saturated amp output change the timing of the FPGA? Does it and how?

2.What are the implications for the size of the light signals from the scintillator? Hmmm...i not sure but i thought that the scintillator detects light don't matter the intensity? Am i right or wrong?

Someone please help any assistance would be much appreciated. thx
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1.Changing the saturated amp output will affect the timing of the FPGA, as it is used to control the amplifier circuit. The saturated amp output sets the voltage level at which the amplifier reaches its maximum gain, and changing this voltage level will affect the timing of the FPGA since it needs to be able to accurately measure this voltage level.2.The size of the light signals from the scintillator will depend on the amount of ionizing radiation that is detected. Since the scintillator detects light, the amplitude of the light signals will be proportional to the amount of radiation that is detected. Thus, if more radiation is detected, the amplitude of the light signals will be larger.