Questions dealing with astrophysics

• Thread starter Panwasbipolar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Astrophysics
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of asking for help with fact-checking for a fiction writing project that involves astrophysics, biology, nuclear physics, and other subjects. The person asking for help mentioned specific questions about ftl communication, ambient radiation, nanites, holographs, organic chemistry, energy storage in holographs, new propulsion methods, rare forms of radiation, powering nanites with radiation, nanoscale tesla coils, the electromagnetic spectrum, and organic compounds that can melt metal. They also mentioned not wanting to sound uninformed and appreciating any help given.
Panwasbipolar
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I was just wondering if there was anyone in the field here that would have some extra time in answering a couple of strange questions dealing with astrophysics, biology, nuclear physics and some other things I'm not sure what to label. It's for fiction, but I'd rather ask via PM.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

Ask me.

I have more if anyone else will bite.

-ftl communication

-ambient radiation

-nanites

-holographs

-organic chemistry question too.

Did you receive my Private Message, was it useful?

Yes. I didn't want to overwhelm you and send all of them, cause I was expecting some lengthy responses considering the topics. I appreciate the time you took typing it out. If you want more let me know. Creative writing is fine and all but I don't want to sound like a stooge and appear like I just assumed some of these things were possible.

Here's some more if anyone will have a go at them.

Is it possible to store usable energy in a holograph?

Any new propulsion being developed to replace chemical rockets?<guessing vasimr. How fast are we talking? I've only seen it measured in days.

Any rare form of radiation besides what we usually hear about besides beta alpha and gamma?

In the future, if nanites are possible to build, would it be possible to power them with naturally occurring radiation in their surrounding?

Nanoscale tesla coil possible?

Does the em spectrum really begin/end with radio and gamma or is there more to it?

Any organic compound that can melt metal?

Some may sound silly but science is not my strong suit.
Thanks

Last edited:

1. What is astrophysics?

Astrophysics is a branch of astronomy that deals with the physical properties and processes of celestial objects and phenomena such as stars, galaxies, and the universe as a whole.

2. How does astrophysics differ from astronomy?

Astrophysics focuses on the physical properties and processes of celestial objects, while astronomy includes the observation and study of all objects and phenomena in the universe.

3. What are some key topics in astrophysics?

Some key topics in astrophysics include cosmology, the study of the origin and evolution of the universe; stellar physics, the study of stars and their formation, evolution, and death; and galactic and extragalactic astrophysics, the study of galaxies and their properties.

4. What tools and techniques do astrophysicists use?

Astrophysicists use a variety of tools and techniques, including telescopes, satellites, computer simulations, and mathematical models. They also use data from observations and experiments to support their theories and hypotheses.

5. What are some current research areas in astrophysics?

Some current research areas in astrophysics include the search for exoplanets, the study of dark matter and dark energy, and the investigation of gravitational waves. Other areas of research include the formation and evolution of galaxies, the study of black holes, and the exploration of the early universe.