Questions dealing with astrophysics

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I was just wondering if there was anyone in the field here that would have some extra time in answering a couple of strange questions dealing with astrophysics, biology, nuclear physics and some other things I'm not sure what to label. It's for fiction, but I'd rather ask via PM.

Thanks

Answers and Replies

I have more if anyone else will bite.

-ftl communication

-ambient radiation

-nanites

-holographs

-organic chemistry question too.

Did you receive my Private Message, was it useful?

Yes. I didn't want to overwhelm you and send all of them, cause I was expecting some lengthy responses considering the topics. I appreciate the time you took typing it out. If you want more let me know. Creative writing is fine and all but I don't want to sound like a stooge and appear like I just assumed some of these things were possible.

Here's some more if anyone will have a go at them.

Is it possible to store usable energy in a holograph?

Any new propulsion being developed to replace chemical rockets?<guessing vasimr. How fast are we talking? I've only seen it measured in days.

Any rare form of radiation besides what we usually hear about besides beta alpha and gamma?

In the future, if nanites are possible to build, would it be possible to power them with naturally occuring radiation in their surrounding?

Nanoscale tesla coil possible?

Does the em spectrum really begin/end with radio and gamma or is there more to it?

Any organic compound that can melt metal?

Some may sound silly but science is not my strong suit.
Thanks

Last edited: