Quick derivation question Quantum Mechanics

In summary, the person is struggling to understand how to get the two circled terms in a derivation. They attempted substitution but were unsuccessful and are asking for help. Another person suggests multiplying both sides by i \hbar, which the first person realizes and thanks them for.
rwooduk

Homework Statement

Having one of those days where nothing makes sense, here is the derivation:

RbXoteR.jpg

how does he get the two circled terms from what he's derived above?

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried substitution but get nowhere I just can't see how the early expressions help in getting the circled expressions.

once again, any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
Er...isn't it just a matter of multiplying both sides by [itex]i \hbar[/itex]?

Fightfish said:
Er...isn't it just a matter of multiplying both sides by [itex]i \hbar[/itex]?

thanks i'll go shoot myself now.

appreciated ;-)

1. What is quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at a microscopic level, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It describes the fundamental principles and laws that govern the behavior of particles on a quantum level.

2. What is a quick derivation in quantum mechanics?

A quick derivation is a mathematical calculation that is used to derive an equation or formula in quantum mechanics. It involves using the principles and laws of quantum mechanics to solve for a specific quantity or relationship between variables.

3. Why are quick derivations important in quantum mechanics?

Quick derivations are important in quantum mechanics because they allow us to understand and predict the behavior of particles and systems at a fundamental level. They also help to simplify complex equations and theories, making it easier to apply them in practical applications.

4. What are some common quick derivations in quantum mechanics?

Some common quick derivations in quantum mechanics include the derivation of the Schrödinger equation, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, and the quantum harmonic oscillator equation. These derivations are important for understanding the behavior of particles and systems in quantum mechanics.

5. How can I improve my skills in performing quick derivations in quantum mechanics?

To improve your skills in performing quick derivations in quantum mechanics, it is important to have a strong understanding of the basic principles and laws of quantum mechanics. Practice and repetition can also help to improve your skills, as well as seeking out resources and guidance from experienced scientists in the field.