Quick Poll: Do you suffer from seasonal allergies?

• Thread starter nitsuj
  • Start date

Do you suffer from seasonal allergies?

• Yes, I suffer from seasonal allergies

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No, I do not suffer from seasonal allergies

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Just a poll as the title says,

On the weather network poll, the split is nearly exactly 50/50 (delta is 150ish), on 16,000 votes!

I was suprised to see that split, just wanna see what happens here. Thanks for playing!

Danger

Gold Member
I didn't vote because my condition isn't listed. My dust allergy is perpetual rather than seasonal as a rule, but sometimes is worse in summer because the ground is dry. Snow prevents stuff from blowing around.

Borek

Mentor
Allergy? What is that?

Nope.

Danger

Gold Member
Allergy? What is that?
A sensitivity to a substance which, upon prolonged exposure, can result in speckled blue hair.

Hayfever buddy, it's a killer >.>

Not literally... that I know of at least

Evo

Mentor
I have allergies year round.

arildno

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I was somewhat afflicted up to the age 13,14 or so, but then I grew up.
It is difficult to solve non-linear partial differential equations while you sneeze!

turbo

Gold Member
I have no real allergies, but severe physical reactions to fragrance chemicals, MSG, etc. I have seen (regularly) the top chemical-injury doctor in New England (he's at Dartmouth-Hitchcock) and he essentially gave up, saying only avoidance can keep things under control.

JonDE

I think so?
My allergies seem to come and go, once or twice a year. Usually twice since I moved to Texas from California. Although since we went into a drought, I have not had any problems since. I'm guessing because of that its some plant allergy, probably pollen.

drizzle

Gold Member
I have allergies year round.
Ah but do you have different allergies during each season? In which case you would still have seasonal allergies that just overlap each other.

I used to be allergic to something related to cats (not sure what). But not any more. Don't know why. No seasonal allergies. But on the rare occasions when I was exposed to extreme dust, I got sick for a few days.

S_Happens

Gold Member
I have both seasonal and year round allergies. My worst is towards Ragweed in the fall, but my springtime allergies have gotten worse lately. And I seem to keep developing more. I was tested in 2005 and again in 2011 and there were significant differences. I developed an allergy to cats, although there is only one with a lot of dander that bothers me.

I started immunotherapy shots last year and have made it all the way up to the full maintenance dose that I'll be getting once a month for the next few years. I'm hoping this fall will show a significant difference, but plenty of antihistamine keeps it pretty well under control.