Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Radio astronomical receiving system

1. May 10, 2015 #1
    We've discussing with students the certain radio astronomical receiving system is designed for equipping the antenna systems, operating within band 2-40 GHz:
    Ka - band 28-34 GHz
    S - band 2.2-2.6 GHz
    X - band 7.0-9.5 GHz

and provides the radio reception, amplification, selection of the operating bands of radio astronomical signals, frequency conversion and frequency-channel switching, etc.

Could somebody clarify theoretic perspective of stading of exactly those bands, problematic, ongoing researches?

Many thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2015 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I don't quite understand what you're asking. Could you elaborate on what you'd like to know?

4. May 11, 2015 #3
    Hello Drakkith,
    So perhaps you right. Let's start from afar. What kind of radio astronomical receiving system do you prefer …for which studies?

5. May 11, 2015 #4

Drakkith

I don't study astronomy. I just cannot understand your question, perhaps due to translation issues.

6. May 11, 2015 #5
    I see… I missed a few words. If there any possibilities to change the thread?

7. May 11, 2015 #6

Drakkith

Start a new thread and I'll delete this one once the new one's made.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook