Rain clouds are gone and the birds are singing

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gale17 said:
well, i'll show up for the BBQ with a pillow if you'd like... that should cheer you up. i mean, pillows are FANTASMIC! there's lots of things pillows are good for you know. i mean, you can use them the traditional way and put them on your head sure, but you can also hit people with them, and some really crazy people sleep on them.

I will also bring a cat in case the pillow doesn't cover your head properly.
Thank you. :smile: Yes, please bring cat and pillow.

Tsu
Gold Member
Evo said:
I have also received some good news today and am very happy. :smile: (keeping fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong)

Everyone is invited to my house for barbecue tonight!!!! Ivan, will you lend your steak grilling expertise? I love porterhouse steak. yummm
I can send Ivan, but you'd better get him a rib eye or two. :biggrin: I would offer my Green Martini services, but I'm only home for today (so send Ivan home early - OK? :devil: :biggrin:). I've been helping Ivan's mom after her back surgery and she's not done with me yet so I'm heading back down tomorrow. I thought I'd be able to spend time on line with you guys while I was down there, but she's sleeping in the computer room.

I'm glad wolram is a happy camper, but I'd still like to hear details from him (hint hint). :biggrin:

You too, Sis! What's your good news? What are we celebrating???

Tsu
Gold Member
Oh, yeah. Gale!!!11 Bring enough pillows for everyone!!! Ivan looks GREAT with a pillow on his head. :biggrin:

Evo
Mentor
Tsu said:
I can send Ivan, but you'd better get him a rib eye or two. :biggrin: I would offer my Green Martini services, but I'm only home for today (so send Ivan home early - OK? :devil: :biggrin:). I've been helping Ivan's mom after her back surgery and she's not done with me yet so I'm heading back down tomorrow. I thought I'd be able to spend time on line with you guys while I was down there, but she's sleeping in the computer room.
OK, rib eyes are yummy too!!

Damn it woman, you need to get your buns back in this forum!!!! :grumpy: (hope Ivan's mom is doing ok)

You too, Sis! What's your good news? What are we celebrating???
News related to my new job search. The VP stressed that my annual pay will be capped at $500,000. :tongue: (they always throw those huge numbers at you that no one will actually attain) Don't want to jinx it, the offer was verbal today, waiting for the written offer. Of course even after the written offer, it could fall through. Then I have to turn down the job offer I got yesterday from the other company. (stress, stress) I could turn down one then have the other fall through and I'll be homeless. You and Ivan will let me live outside with the skunks and dead deer, right? :shy:

Last edited:
I'm excited for you Evo. But what a stressful time it must be. I'm sure one of the offers will work out for you.
I'm going through some work related changes as well, and also hope that I've made the right decision, if not, can I come stay in Ivans shed with you?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smooth as silk, Evo. I'm sure it's all going to work out great.

but I like the idea of going to live at Ivan and Tsu's. I think I would like to be one of their cats.