Rain clouds are gone and the birds are singing

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rain
In summary: TARDIS or a police box.In summary, Evo is happy because he has received good news. He is also inviting everyone to his house for a barbecue tonight.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I am a happy chappie, though i can not tell you why, the rain clouds are gone
and the birds are singing oh happy am i.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dont worry . Bad days will come soon.

BJ

wolram said:
is it a secret (the reason why you are so happy)?

Should we try to guess?

Last edited:
wolram said:
I know why.

He is stoned.

Math Is Hard said:
is it a secret (the reason why you are so happy)?

Should we try to guess?

You could try to guess, but i would never tell if you were right :biggrin:

wolram,could you please share your happiness with us? o:) I'm so sad today because of my friend! :cry:

Dr.Brain said:

BJ
:rofl: You're so optimistic!

Lisa! said:
wolram,could you please share your happiness with us? o:) I'm so sad today because of my friend! :cry:

:rofl: You're so optimistic!

Whats up Lisa, what of your friend? come round and chat with me, and lets
see if that sadness will go away.

Dr.Brain said:

BJ
Which is why we should always appreciate the good days.

Nice to hear you sounding happy Wolram! :approve:

wolram said:
Whats up Lisa, what of your friend? come round and chat with me, and lets
see if that sadness will go away.
Thank you but I'd better to stay quiet.I don't want to ruin your happiness!

@ Lisa: you couldn't possibly ruin my happiness, even if you tried.:tongue2: :devil:

Daniel.

I have also received some good news today and am very happy. :smile: (keeping fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong)

Everyone is invited to my house for barbecue tonight! Ivan, will you lend your steak grilling expertise? I love porterhouse steak. yummm

Evo said:
Which is why we should always appreciate the good days.

Nice to hear you sounding happy Wolram! :approve:

Evo, even if i get another electric shock fall of a ladder and hit my thumb
with a hammer on the same day, i will still have something to make me
happy.

Evo said:
I have also received some good news today and am very happy. :smile: (keeping fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong)

Everyone is invited to my house for barbecue tonight! Ivan, will you lend your steak grilling expertise? I love porterhouse steak. yummm
Woo hoo! I'll get the SuperSonic RV fueled up and ready to go. Who needs a ride? :biggrin:

Swing by and pick me up! I am so ready for a BBQ at Evo's, I'll bring a big batch of my granny's summer salad!
The rain has been here all day, I'm so tempted to run out and play in it. Its given us a fantastic break in the temps, almost 15 degrees cooler then yesterday!

Moonbear said:
Woo hoo! I'll get the SuperSonic RV fueled up and ready to go. Who needs a ride? :biggrin:
I would like to go. I am sad, but maybe some of the happiness around here will rub off on me. like a contact high.

Math Is Hard said:
I would like to go. I am sad, but maybe some of the happiness around here will rub off on me. like a contact high.
NO, you can't be sad! No excuses, you're coming to the barbecue, I will make my world famous potato salad, hypatia's bringing her granny's summer salad and if the weather's bad we can all go swimming in my indoor swimming pool (aka my basement :tongue: ).

Evo said:
NO, you can't be sad! No excuses, you're coming to the barbecue, I will make my world famous potato salad, hypatia's bringing her granny's summer salad and if the weather's bad we can all go swimming in my indoor swimming pool (aka my basement :tongue: ).
This is the rule from now on no unhapiness , i repeat no unhapiness, i am going
to dance around the clouds with my true love, and if you don't like evos potato
salad, go for a Mc donalds.

Evo said:
hmmm.. that does sounds tempting!

Maybe I will bring over some watermelons and we can have a watermelon-carving contest. Here are some ideas:
http://www.archimetrics.com/blog/index.php/2005/06/16/watermelon-carving

I thought DocToxyn might like this one:

http://www.archimetrics.com/blog/watermelon/image003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:

Maybe I will bring over some watermelons and we can have a watermelon-carving contest. Here are some ideas:

[/URL]
I actually won a first place in a pumpkin carving contest. I've never seen it done with watermellons. Very cool.

BARBEQUE AT EVOS! Somebody come and get me in the RV, it sounds great (I love steaks.) :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:

Ooooh![/URL] <knocks Doc Toxyn down and grabs watermelon>

sorry DT, you know how I feel about turtles :blushing:

And MIH, did you see the improvements we're making to the Supersonic RV?

Attachments

• tiki mobile.jpg
    tiki mobile.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 414
Evo said:
And MIH, did you see the improvements we're making to the Supersonic RV?
Good heavens! It's beautiful! :!)

Math Is Hard said:
Good heavens! It's beautiful! :!)
All for you, a single roof mounted bazooka just wasn't enough. The vehicle is thanks to Arctic Fox, who originally suggested it as transport for the Tiki Room.

Math Is Hard said:

well, i'll show up for the BBQ with a pillow if you'd like... that should cheer you up. i mean, pillows are FANTASMIC! there's lots of things pillows are good for you know. i mean, you can use them the traditional way and put them on your head sure, but you can also hit people with them, and some really crazy people sleep on them.

I will also bring a cat in case the pillow doesn't cover your head properly.

and no one worry about dessert... I'm experimenting with jello and cookie dough today... it should be interesting... and hopefully edible...

ahhh its love that makes Wolram so happy! I wish you many, many days of cloud dancing..and a few nights on the Milky Way as well. :blushing:

lol@ the indoor pool! But with these storms* barreling across the US, maybe I should pack my hip waders?

* over 1 inch a hour here today{does my happy rain dance}

Gale17 said:
well, i'll show up for the BBQ with a pillow if you'd like... that should cheer you up. i mean, pillows are FANTASMIC! there's lots of things pillows are good for you know. i mean, you can use them the traditional way and put them on your head sure, but you can also hit people with them, and some really crazy people sleep on them.

I will also bring a cat in case the pillow doesn't cover your head properly.
Thank you. :smile: Yes, please bring cat and pillow.

Evo said:

I can send Ivan, but you'd better get him a rib eye or two. :biggrin: I would offer my Green Martini services, but I'm only home for today (so send Ivan home early - OK? :devil: :biggrin:). I've been helping Ivan's mom after her back surgery and she's not done with me yet so I'm heading back down tomorrow. I thought I'd be able to spend time on line with you guys while I was down there, but she's sleeping in the computer room.

I'm glad wolram is a happy camper, but I'd still like to hear details from him (hint hint). :biggrin:

You too, Sis! What's your good news? What are we celebrating?

Oh, yeah. Gale!11 Bring enough pillows for everyone! Ivan looks GREAT with a pillow on his head. :biggrin:

Tsu said:
I can send Ivan, but you'd better get him a rib eye or two. :biggrin: I would offer my Green Martini services, but I'm only home for today (so send Ivan home early - OK? :devil: :biggrin:). I've been helping Ivan's mom after her back surgery and she's not done with me yet so I'm heading back down tomorrow. I thought I'd be able to spend time on line with you guys while I was down there, but she's sleeping in the computer room.
OK, rib eyes are yummy too!

Damn it woman, you need to get your buns back in this forum! :grumpy: (hope Ivan's mom is doing ok)

You too, Sis! What's your good news? What are we celebrating?
News related to my new job search. The VP stressed that my annual pay will be capped at $500,000. :tongue: (they always throw those huge numbers at you that no one will actually attain) Don't want to jinx it, the offer was verbal today, waiting for the written offer. Of course even after the written offer, it could fall through. Then I have to turn down the job offer I got yesterday from the other company. (stress, stress) I could turn down one then have the other fall through and I'll be homeless. You and Ivan will let me live outside with the skunks and dead deer, right? :shy:

Last edited:
I'm excited for you Evo. But what a stressful time it must be. I'm sure one of the offers will work out for you.
I'm going through some work related changes as well, and also hope that I've made the right decision, if not, can I come stay in Ivans shed with you?

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smooth as silk, Evo. I'm sure it's all going to work out great.

but I like the idea of going to live at Ivan and Tsu's. I think I would like to be one of their cats.

1. What causes rain clouds to disappear?

Rain clouds typically disappear when the water droplets within them become too heavy to stay suspended in the air. This can happen when the temperature changes, causing the water droplets to either evaporate or freeze and fall as precipitation.

2. Why do birds start singing after the rain?

Birds often start singing after the rain because the air is cleaner and clearer, making it easier for them to see and communicate with other birds. The rain also helps to wash away dirt and dust, making it easier for birds to find food.

3. How does rain affect the behavior of birds?

Rain can have various effects on the behavior of birds. Some species may seek shelter and become less active during rain, while others may take advantage of the damp ground to find food. Additionally, rain can also impact the availability of food sources for birds.

4. Can rain clouds disappear without causing rain?

Yes, rain clouds can disappear without causing rain. This can happen when the temperature and humidity levels change, causing the water droplets to either evaporate or dissipate into the surrounding air. In some cases, rain clouds may also simply move to a different location.

5. What is the role of birds in the water cycle?

Birds play an important role in the water cycle by helping to disperse seeds and pollinate plants, which can lead to the growth of vegetation that helps to regulate the water cycle. Additionally, birds also consume insects and small animals, which helps to control their populations and maintain a balance in the ecosystem.