Re: just an idea about quotes?

Main Question or Discussion Point

This is an idea I've seen from other forums, so I know it's possible to do it via VB code and wondered if their are any plans to do something like it here?

Is it possible to set up a page that tells you who quoted you, so that you can respond to any questions from people more easily, and have a quick at your finger tip guide to who's discussing stuff, with you in mind? Feel free to smear me in honey and set fire to me. Just thought it was a really useful feature?

Answers and Replies

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Most of the time when you've been quoted it'll be in a thread you've posted in. I always keep track of those by subscribing to them, then you can view your subscribed threads. I think I've been quoted only twice in threads I've never posted in as far as I know.

Most of the time when you've been quoted it'll be in a thread you've posted in. I always keep track of those by subscribing to them, then you can view your subscribed threads. I think I've been quoted only twice in threads I've never posted in as far as I know.
Indeed, but 'I find having both easier. Helps me keep track of who's replied to me specifically and prioritise. Anyway I think there are some add ons out there for VB that do it, not sure?

Is there any interest in this, if not might as well close this thread. Thanks anyway was just an idea.