Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Re: just an idea about quotes?

1. Mar 17, 2008 #1
    This is an idea I've seen from other forums, so I know it's possible to do it via VB code and wondered if their are any plans to do something like it here?

Is it possible to set up a page that tells you who quoted you, so that you can respond to any questions from people more easily, and have a quick at your finger tip guide to who's discussing stuff, with you in mind? Feel free to smear me in honey and set fire to me. Just thought it was a really useful feature?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most of the time when you've been quoted it'll be in a thread you've posted in. I always keep track of those by subscribing to them, then you can view your subscribed threads. I think I've been quoted only twice in threads I've never posted in as far as I know.

4. Mar 17, 2008 #3
    Indeed, but 'I find having both easier. Helps me keep track of who's replied to me specifically and prioritise. Anyway I think there are some add ons out there for VB that do it, not sure?

5. Mar 22, 2008 #4
    Is there any interest in this, if not might as well close this thread. Thanks anyway was just an idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?