Reading vernier scale measurement between 0.44 mm and 0.46 mm

  • Thread starter Thread starter pyroknife
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Scale
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
pyroknife
Messages
611
Reaction score
4
i know how to read these scales, but this problem was really hard to see for me. can you guys see if it lines up at .44mm or .46 mm? I attached drawing
 
Attachments
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 457
Physics news on Phys.org
My opinion is that it is somewhere in between, but closer to .46
 
pyroknife said:
i know how to read these scales, but this problem was really hard to see for me. can you guys see if it lines up at .44mm or .46 mm? I attached drawing

I suspect neither - but this doesn't look the vernier part of the scale. That is where you find which one is lining up
On the vernier part One scale has 10 divisions, the other has 9
 
Last edited: