1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Real life application of trignometry identities

1. Oct 22, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Can anyone here help me find how and where trig identities are used in real life. can you also tell me which identity(with example) and is used for what purpose and how.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I found out that it is used in the field of engeeniering. It is used in converting sounds in between amplifiers but could not find any examples and could not understand how they are used.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2009 #2

Gib Z

Homework Helper

There is not really a specific application of the Identities themselves where they are essential. There are of course many applications of Trigonometry as a whole, and whilst Identities can be useful in simplifying the problems, they are never really essential as any basic maths computer package will solve the Trig problems numerically almost instantly, simplified or not.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook