1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Really need advice for undergraduate program selection

1. Feb 25, 2013 #1
    Hello everyone, I am currently in highschool and now I am completely sure about what I want to study at university level. The only problem is that I love both Physics and Pure Mathematics... So now I'm not really sure which program I'll have to apply for. Should I study either physics or pure mathematics one at a time?(this is going to take years) And if I decide to study Mathematical Physics at the undergraduate level, will I still be able to take up both physics and mathematics at the graduate level?

I also want to say that I prefer not to miss any of the components of either pure mathematics or physics for the program I will be choosing. For example, number theory probably has nothing to do with physics but i still want to study it along with physics. :confused:

Waiting eagerly for your advice. Thank you all in advance. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2013 #2
    In most universities Physics and Mathematics share a LOT of classes. You can probably double major without losing any time.

4. Feb 26, 2013 #3
    Thanks a lot carlgrace. I agree, the bulk of the courses from mathematics is included in physics. I've just viewed some examples.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook