Really need advice for undergraduate program selection

• Thread starter Vahsek
  • Start date
Hello everyone, I am currently in highschool and now I am completely sure about what I want to study at university level. The only problem is that I love both Physics and Pure Mathematics... So now I'm not really sure which program I'll have to apply for. Should I study either physics or pure mathematics one at a time?(this is going to take years) And if I decide to study Mathematical Physics at the undergraduate level, will I still be able to take up both physics and mathematics at the graduate level?

I also want to say that I prefer not to miss any of the components of either pure mathematics or physics for the program I will be choosing. For example, number theory probably has nothing to do with physics but i still want to study it along with physics. :confused:

Waiting eagerly for your advice. Thank you all in advance. :smile:

Answers and Replies

Hello everyone, I am currently in highschool and now I am completely sure about what I want to study at university level. The only problem is that I love both Physics and Pure Mathematics... So now I'm not really sure which program I'll have to apply for. Should I study either physics or pure mathematics one at a time?(this is going to take years) And if I decide to study Mathematical Physics at the undergraduate level, will I still be able to take up both physics and mathematics at the graduate level?

I also want to say that I prefer not to miss any of the components of either pure mathematics or physics for the program I will be choosing. For example, number theory probably has nothing to do with physics but i still want to study it along with physics. :confused:

Waiting eagerly for your advice. Thank you all in advance. :smile:
In most universities Physics and Mathematics share a LOT of classes. You can probably double major without losing any time.

Thanks a lot carlgrace. I agree, the bulk of the courses from mathematics is included in physics. I've just viewed some examples.