Rearranging PAvail = 1/2 ρAv³Cp to make v the subject

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fornicis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Formulae
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Fornicis
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand in rearranging the following formulae to make v the subject?

PAvail = 1/2 ρAv[itex]^{3}[/itex]C[itex]_{p}[/itex]

This isn't for homework, its simply something I'm interested in and I would be immensely grateful to anyone who could do this for me.

Oh and before anyone says, I have tried to myself but I just want a second opinion as what it came out with for me seemed a bit off
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
v3 = (2PAvail) / (ρACp)
and then take the cube root of both sides.

Is "PAvail" five different variables, or two, or one? Hard to tell... Anyway, same answer in any case.
 
Thats similar to what I got, though less brackets which could have resulted in miscalculations, and in this case its just one but as you said, it can be interchangeable, and that part is key :) thank you very much
 
Fornicis said:
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand in rearranging the following formulae to make v the subject?

PAvail = 1/2 ρAv[itex]^{3}[/itex]C[itex]_{p}[/itex]
Minor point: this is a formula. Formulae is the plural of formula.
Fornicis said:
This isn't for homework, its simply something I'm interested in and I would be immensely grateful to anyone who could do this for me.

Oh and before anyone says, I have tried to myself but I just want a second opinion as what it came out with for me seemed a bit off