Rearranging the equation into the following form.

• Thread starter Hfuais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Form
In summary, the conversation is about rearranging an equation from y= mx + c form to y = a X b^c form. The original equation given is ln(y) = 0.7643ln(x) + 3.5635, and the person attempted to rearrange it but is having trouble getting the correct results. They are not sure if the issue is with the rearrangement or another issue.
Hfuais
1. Hi, I got an equation in the form of y= mx + c and need help rearranging it into the form of y = a X b^c.
2. The equation I started with was: ln(y) = 0.7643ln(x) + 3.5635
3. I attempted to do the following, but I can't seem to make it work, I think maybe the underlined steps are around where I got it wrong?
ln⁡(y)= 0.7643 × ln⁡(x) + 3.5635

ln⁡(y)= 0.7643 ln⁡(x) + ln⁡35.28
ln⁡(y)= ln(x)^0.7643 + ln 35.28

ln⁡(y) =ln⁡(35.28 ×(x)^0.7643)
y=35.28 × x^0.7643

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks fine to me. What do you mean you "can't seem to make it work"?

When I enter the data into the equation, the results I get are not correct. I assumed it was due to a mistake when re arranging the equation, however it seems to be another issue. Thanks :)

What does it mean to "rearrange an equation"?

Rearranging an equation means to manipulate the terms and variables in the equation in order to isolate one variable on one side of the equation.

Why do scientists rearrange equations?

Scientists rearrange equations to make them easier to solve or to find a specific value for a variable. It also allows for a better understanding of the relationship between different variables in the equation.

What are the steps to rearrange an equation?

The steps to rearrange an equation include simplifying both sides of the equation, moving all the variables to one side and all constants to the other side, and then isolating the desired variable by dividing both sides by its coefficient.

Can any equation be rearranged?

Yes, any equation with at least one variable can be rearranged. However, some equations may be more difficult to rearrange than others.

Are there any rules or shortcuts for rearranging equations?

Yes, there are certain rules and shortcuts that can be used to rearrange equations, such as the distributive property, combining like terms, and using inverse operations. These techniques can make the process of rearranging equations more efficient.