Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend a good web-application framework for PHP

Which one do you recommend?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2006.
  1. PRADO

0 vote(s)
  2. WACT

0 vote(s)
  3. Symfony

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feb 20, 2006 #1
    Hi there,
    I need a good PHP frame work. I googled it and find houndreds of them. I'm confused. I don't know which one to choose. But finally I arrived in a selection of three: 1. WACT. 2. Symfony. 3. Prado. Is there anybody who has tried all of the 3 frameworks? Please let me know. I just don't know what factors are important for choosing a good framework.
    I found a good review of so many PHP frameworks at http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5885 but the page is very old, 2004. Don't you know such a discussion somewhere on the net? ofcourse a more recent one.
    Thanks alot.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

Unfortunately i haven't used any of the ones you mention. Are you looking to build applications with PHP that do not run on a WebServer?
  4. Mar 2, 2006 #3
    No, It is to run on a webserver. I'm just looking for a good framework to make my life easier.
    Have you ever used any other frameworks, not mentioned in my list?
  5. Mar 2, 2006 #4

Science Advisor

I got PHP from www.php.net:
    I'm not a PHP power user but for the stuff i used it (send mail, query MySQL database...) it worked well.
    I did the manual installation, so i downloaded "PHP 5.1.2 zip package", not the installer. There are plenty of tutorials explaining how to install PHP on a webserver. I installed it on IIS. I think this is what you are looking for.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?