Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WACT

• Symfony

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi there,
I need a good PHP frame work. I googled it and find houndreds of them. I'm confused. I don't know which one to choose. But finally I arrived in a selection of three: 1. WACT. 2. Symfony. 3. Prado. Is there anybody who has tried all of the 3 frameworks? Please let me know. I just don't know what factors are important for choosing a good framework.
I found a good review of so many PHP frameworks at http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5885 [Broken] but the page is very old, 2004. Don't you know such a discussion somewhere on the net? ofcourse a more recent one.
Thanks alot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

-Job-
Science Advisor
Unfortunately i haven't used any of the ones you mention. Are you looking to build applications with PHP that do not run on a WebServer?

No, It is to run on a webserver. I'm just looking for a good framework to make my life easier.
Have you ever used any other frameworks, not mentioned in my list?

-Job-
Science Advisor
I got PHP from www.php.net:
http://www.php.net/downloads.php
I'm not a PHP power user but for the stuff i used it (send mail, query MySQL database...) it worked well.
I did the manual installation, so i downloaded "PHP 5.1.2 zip package", not the installer. There are plenty of tutorials explaining how to install PHP on a webserver. I installed it on IIS. I think this is what you are looking for.