1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend some good calculus book

1. Jun 26, 2012 #1
    What is/are the best book/s in precalculus suitable to study theory (exercises may or may not be there) ?
    Reply as soon as possible.
    I Prefer you to refer some olympiad level book.
    Is following worth doing for the same purpose?
    Differential and Integral calculus by Richard courant
    Single variable calculus books an also be referred.
    Thanks...

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2012 #2
    calculas book for olympiad level, there is no space for calculas in RMO to IMO syllabus and as given in status of IPhO you can't solve a problem using high/advance calculas. so just read textbook. and for further reading Problems in calculas of one variable by I A Maron it has theory,solved examples and problem.another book is A Problem book in mathematical analysis by G N Berman but it cotains only problems.If you want to go beyond yet then try thomas calculas.

4. Aug 7, 2012 #3
    I would recommend Spivak, and for problems try REA problems solvers in calculus. If you are still in high-school and want just an overview about calculus then try the standard texts suxh as Stewart.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook