Rectangular coil current problem

In summary, the conversation is about requesting help with a password and username for an online forum and asking for guidance on how to submit questions. The second part discusses finding the magnetic field strength for a rectangular coil at various points. The conversation ends with a reminder to follow the guidelines and post homework questions in the correct forum.
obot
please, i want to be sure of my password and user name can it be posted to email? also, idon't know how to submit questions can the guide lines be posted as well? Thank you.

A rectangular coil, carrying a current of 400pie amperes, lies in the z=0 plane with its corners at the points (a,b,0), (-a,b,0), (-a,-b,0) and (a,-b,0).

(a) find an expression for the magnetic field strength H at a point (x,y,0) within the coil and evaluate it at points (0,0,0) and (2,1.5,0) given a=4' b=3 netres.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
a rectangular coil, carrying a current of 400pie amperes, lies in the z + 0 plane with its corners at the points

obot said:
please, i want to be sure of my password and user name can it be posted to email? also, idon't know how to submit questions can the guide lines be posted as well? Thank you.

A rectangular coil, carrying a current of 400pie amperes, lies in the z=0 plane with its corners at the points (a,b,0), (-a,b,0), (-a,-b,0) and (a,-b,0).

(a) find an expression for the magnetic field strength H at a point (x,y,0) within the coil and evaluate it at points (0,0,0) and (2,1.5,0) given a=4' b=3 netres.

You can get it posted to an email as long as you gave an address when you signed up, the easiest way I can think of doing this is to log out then incorrectly log in, ie mess up your password, then a link will appear that allows you to have username and password sent to you.

The second part belongs in homework help section, if you want to edit it out and move it over to there.

1. What is a rectangular coil?

A rectangular coil is a type of electromagnet made up of a rectangular-shaped wire wound around a core. It is used to generate a magnetic field and is commonly used in motors, generators, and other electronic devices.

2. How is the current in a rectangular coil calculated?

The current in a rectangular coil can be calculated using the formula I = N * B * A, where I is the current in amperes, N is the number of turns in the coil, B is the magnetic field strength, and A is the area of the coil.

3. What factors affect the strength of the magnetic field in a rectangular coil?

The strength of the magnetic field in a rectangular coil is affected by the number of turns in the coil, the current flowing through the coil, and the size and shape of the coil.

4. How can I increase the magnetic field strength in a rectangular coil?

The magnetic field strength in a rectangular coil can be increased by increasing the number of turns in the coil, increasing the current flowing through the coil, or by using a larger or more powerful core material.

5. What are some practical applications of rectangular coil current?

Rectangular coil current has many practical applications, including in motors, generators, transformers, and electromagnets. It is also used in electronic devices such as speakers, relays, and magnetic sensors.