Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Reference on Sudakov form factors

1. Oct 17, 2017 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am trying to get familiar with some of the terminology and concepts recurring more or less everywhere in LHC phenomenology. In particular, something that is troubling me a bit is the concept of sudakov form factors, which I don’t find explained anywhere in an understandable way. Connected to these, come continuously the concepts of twists, leading and subleading twists of operators etc.

I know what a sudakov log is in QED, but that’s it, I have the feeling there is an extreme simplicity that is hidden beyond and infinite amound of unintelligible nomenclature, which seems not to be explained anywhere cnsistently. Can anyone point me to some decent references not written just for people that already know what they are talking about?

Thanks a lot :)

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Oct 23, 2017 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know nothing about these things, and, consequently, and I do not know if the following reference is useful.

The book "Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model" by Matthew Schwartz has brief treatments of Sudakov factors in section 32.3 "Parton showers", and of twists in section 32.4.3 "Operator product expansion for DIS".

I have read some of the early chapters of Schwartz, and I like what I have seen.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted