What's the most expired food you've found in your fridge?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Refrigerator
In summary, the room smelled terrible, and we eventually smelled it from outside the window and went to the RA to complain.
Moonbear said:
I'm pretty paranoid about drinking things from bottles and cans outside.
Even inside. I once opened a new 2-4 of Canuk and found that 3 or 4 of the bottles had cocoons in the necks. :eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
I once saw a guy pick up his spit-can - a Coke can - instead of his Coke, and drink it!

Mmmmmm, Copenhagen goo.

Chronos said:
:yuck: To quote - Eeeeewww, eeeeeewww, eeewwwwww :yuck: [courtesy Moonbear]. My only question is were you drinking draft beer? If not, I don't even want to go there.
It was a glass (draft).

Talk about finding a slug in a squirrels mouth... pass the salt.
eeeeeewwwww :yuck: :yuck: Between Ivan's Bozo picture and Chronos' squirrel heads, I'm afraid to sleep at night. :grumpy: (Bozo eating pickled squirrel heads :bugeye: )

Ivan Seeking said:
I once saw a guy pick up his spit-can - a Coke can - instead of his Coke, and drink it!

Mmmmmm, Copenhagen goo.
Anti-Chewing-Tobacco Activists Speak Out Against Second-hand Spit

http://img234.exs.cx/img234/1513/article31675rx.th.jpg

"The way people view secondhand spit needs to change," said Lindsey Hurness, a bartender in Tampa, FL. "People spit their gobs of old chew everywhere—in drink glasses, in plants, in the sink. And the floors are slick with pools of spit. Sometimes, on busy weekend nights, the goopy brown stuff comes up to my shoelaces."

You know, that's a coincidence, because I was just this morning thinking about watering plants only with water that has been in your mouth. Not with chewing tobacco of course.

Well add the "chew" if you have bugs in your soil..it will kill them.{really}

Chronos said:
Talk about finding a slug in a squirrels mouth... pass the salt.
Never mind... I've got it now.
At least the cowboys up here don't spit on the floor. Cup, wastebasket or toilet. The ones who use the pouched stuff sometimes put it in an ashtray, but it isn't messy.

Danger said:
Never mind... I've got it now.
At least the cowboys up here don't spit on the floor. Cup, wastebasket or toilet. The ones who use the pouched stuff sometimes put it in an ashtray, but it isn't messy.

A guy I know who is an extremely tidy person moved to teach at a university in Mississippi. He was horrified to discover people there thought nothing of spitting their "chaw" in his wastebasket as they came into his office to talk to him. He decided it was best to just hide the wastebasket so they'd have to find someplace else to spit.

Moonbear said:
He decided it was best to just hide the wastebasket so they'd have to find someplace else to spit.
I assume he didn't leave his briefcase open.

Danger said:
I assume he didn't leave his briefcase open.

Are you kidding?! I think he asked everyone he knew if hiding the wastebasket would result in them spitting anywhere else...he was so afraid of where else he might find it. I think he's recovered from the shock now though, he finally talks and jokes about it.

Real men swallow.

Ivan Seeking said:
Real men swallow.
Given our propensity for taking things completely out of context, are you sure you want to leave that posted? :rolleyes:

Danger said:
Given our propensity for taking things completely out of context, are you sure you want to leave that posted? :rolleyes:

:confused: oh, ...their chew.

Ivan Seeking said:
Real men swallow.
That did it. I'm officially ill now. :yuck:

I was feeling a little queasy earlier tonight from a bad frig experience. I went to put some salsa on my baked potato and narrowly escaped disaster when I noticed at the last minute-- the inside of the salsa jar had grown a fuzzy grey beard! pleh.

Ivan Seeking said:
Real men swallow.

I don't think it matters which context I take that in, it just doesn't bode well for you there. :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
:confused: oh, ...their chew.
Nice save. Feeble, but acceptable.

Math Is Hard said:
the inside of the salsa jar had grown a fuzzy grey beard! pleh.
Well, if that's your reaction, I'll keep shaving.

Speaking of things that have been sitting in the frig too long.. the PF birthday cake is starting to look a little green and moldy :yuck:

https://www.physicsforums.com/images/misc/birthday.gif

I think it might be time to bake a fresh one. :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
the PF birthday cake is starting to look a little green and moldy
Is that avocado icing I see there? :tongue2:

I think I'll bring this thread back...

Our refridgerator has hundreds of jam jars that have expired about a year ago. I opened one recently to find the most horrid smell to ever enter my nostrills :yuck:

(thank god I smelled it first and didn't eat it...)