Refund on that last 2 minutes of my life?

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary: You just took the word out of my mouth, did I say something different! besides I don't care, just got to mention itThis is discussion of a specific religion.Count on it!
Cyrus
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8196807.stm

You just can't make this kind of nuttiness up. You just can't...it's funny and sad at the same time.

put it on mute, and play your favorite music in the background. They all nod to the beat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Sigh... where can I go to get a refund on that last 2 minutes of my life?

That's scary. If it weren't a BBC story, I'd figure it was made up. How in the world can those Orthodox Jews think this is good PR for them? Idiots.

Pengwuino said:
Sigh... where can I go to get a refund on that last 2 minutes of my life?

I thought it was 38 seconds!

berkeman said:
That's scary. If it weren't a BBC story, I'd figure it was made up. How in the world can those Orthodox Jews think this is good PR for them? Idiots.

with all the respect to your view, you don’t have to add that last part of your post

drizzle said:

My laptop is quite slow. Also, it was THAT bad.

drizzle said:

with all the respect to your view, you don’t have to add that last part of your post

Drizzle, I think it is not an unreasonable thing to criticize people for being such cretins that they think playing a very silly horn will do anything about a virus.

berkeman said:

Who knows, maybe they didn't see the camera and forgot to turn off the stupid.

I thought babies crying on airplanes was annoying, at least they don't have access to horned instruments on flights.:tongue2:

drizzle said:

You make a valid point, and I'm so torn. I mean, I've warned and infractionated posters for insulting others here on the PF, and for making bad remarks about ethnic groups or other groups that folks have no control over being a part of.

But, I just have to be honest here. As an EMT, and as a disaster worker involved in the H1N1 outbreak, to see such adults behaving like brainwashed children is astounding to me. And even worse, if they respond to a pandemic threat this way, that casts a dark cloud for me over anything Orthodox Jews have to say about anything else.

I'd better stop for tonight. I had no idea. This is depressing. Maybe I need to go back to some old threads and reverse some infractions...

berkeman said:
You make a valid point, and I'm so torn. I mean, I've warned and infractionated posters for insulting others here on the PF, and for making bad remarks about ethnic groups or other groups that folks have no control over being a part of.

But, I just have to be honest here. As an EMT, and as a disaster worker involved in the H1N1 outbreak, to see such adults behaving like brainwashed children is astounding to me. And even worse, if they respond to a pandemic threat this way, that casts a dark cloud for me over anything Orthodox Jews have to say about anything else.

I'd better stop for tonight. I had no idea. This is depressing. Maybe I need to go back to some old threads and reverse some infractions...

:rofl: You had better avoid any religious studies. You may never come out of your house again.

Ivan Seeking said:
:rofl: You had better avoid any religious studies. You may never come out of your house again.

Count on it!

kldickson said:
Drizzle, I think it is not an unreasonable thing to criticize people for being such cretins that they think playing a very silly horn will do anything about a virus.

you just took the word out of my mouth, did I say something different! besides I don’t care, just got to mention it

Having seen what won't pass on PF, it amazes me that this thread passes. What's up?

jimmysnyder said:
Having seen what won't pass on PF, it amazes me that this thread passes. What's up?

It doesn't. This is discussion of a specific religion.

berkeman said:
Count on it!

This is what I see as the critical issue: If we are to live in peace as a global community, we have to learn to respect all peaceful beliefs. Something like 90% of the people in the world have religious beliefs; traditions like this will not disappear any time soon no matter how silly they may seem to a non-believer or people of other faiths. We cannot expect to live together in peace if any given 10% [be it atheists or people of a particular belief] of the population ridicules the other 90%; or if 90% gangs up on any given 10%.

Also keep in mind [not talking to you specifically Berke] that while religious beliefs may insult some people's intelligence, insulting someone's religious beliefs can be a deeply personal offense. Unless a person has been religious, it is impossible to understand the difference - the two situations are orders of magnitude apart in significance to the individual.

Last edited:

I locked the thread. Please address all hate mail to me. Thanks! :)

1. What does it mean to get a refund on the last 2 minutes of my life?

Getting a refund on the last 2 minutes of your life refers to the concept of being able to undo or reverse the events that occurred in those 2 minutes. It is often used as a metaphor for wanting to go back in time and change something that happened.

2. Is it possible to actually get a refund on the last 2 minutes of my life?

No, it is not possible to physically go back in time and change events that have already occurred. The concept of a refund on the last 2 minutes of your life is purely metaphorical and not scientifically possible.

3. Why do people wish for a refund on the last 2 minutes of their life?

People may wish for a refund on the last 2 minutes of their life because they regret something that happened in that time period or they feel like they made a wrong decision. It is a way of expressing a desire to change the past.

4. Can science make it possible to get a refund on the last 2 minutes of my life in the future?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence or technology that supports the idea of being able to go back in time and change events that have already occurred. While time travel is a popular concept in science fiction, it is not currently possible in real life.

5. How can I make peace with not being able to get a refund on the last 2 minutes of my life?

One way to make peace with not being able to change the past is to focus on the present and future. While we cannot change what has already happened, we can learn from our mistakes and make better choices moving forward. It may also be helpful to practice mindfulness and acceptance in order to let go of regrets and live in the present moment.