1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Regarding Masters program. Guide me

1. May 30, 2008 #1
    Regarding Masters program. Guide me :)

i am a physics graduate from india and would like to opt for master program in physics, i m
    unable to chose the field for masters, i have a rough idea where i m interested in, blending theoritical and practical physics :blushing:. Albeit heard about various courses like nanophysics, biophysics,..... like to know more about them and various courses in physics. (leaving out most theoretical physics). please guide me.

thanks in anticipation.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The danger in asking for guidance is that you sometimes get it.

The best way to make this decision is to speak directly with the professors and grad students who work in the fields that interest you. Consider the projects they have available and whether you can see yourself working on those for the next 2-4 years. (Keep in mind that you are free to propose your own project too.)
  4. Jun 1, 2008 #3
    point noted

i hav tried this approach before posting my querry here, although i ain't succesful in getting the relevant informations.
    as no other place is as good as here i mean PHYSICS FORUMS ther might be students ; professors and various dignitaries around here.
  5. Jun 2, 2008 #4
    What country are you hoping to do an MSc in? I have a friend who's doing an MSc in the UK at the moment, he's from India too. You really have to choose a field to go into at this point. There are some generic Physics MSc courses although they're aimed more at being conversion courses for non-Physics students. You'll be able to blend theoretical and practical in pretty much any area of Physics. Ask yourself, what interests you the most right now and what do you think you'd like to work in. Think general. You'll hone in on a more specific topic during your MSc.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?