1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Research Topic suggestions for "nanostructured materials for solar energy conversion"

1. Oct 29, 2017 #1
    I have selected a topic for my research work which is "nanostructured materials for solar energy conversion" I have read many of articles, most of which are about Li batteries but I want to do something new. Anyone who's in this field suggests something new.:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2017 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

What did your supervisor (or potential supervisor) say?

4. Oct 30, 2017 #3
    He did not say anything. I said to my supervisor that I want to search for a new topic and to do new work he appreciates.. so that's why I am asking for suggestion:smile:

5. Oct 30, 2017 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Are you having communication problems with your supervisor, or is he mute?

Did you ask him what you asked here, i.e. ".... I want to study nanostructured materials for solar energy conversion... do you have a suggestion on new topics in this area?" And then he didn't say ANYTHING to you?

Either I find this hard to believe, or you should be looking for a different supervisor.

Zz.

6. Oct 31, 2017 #5
    of course, he suggested me new topics for my research work. But I am looking for more topic that might be interesting for me. so am asking here.

7. Oct 31, 2017 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Then you shouldn't have said that "He did not say anything", because that is a false statement.

Unfortunately, since we don't know you, it is almost impossible to suggest a topic that "... might be interesting.." for you. Considering that your supervisor knows this topic, I would pay more weight on his suggestion than from what you gather off an online forum.

Zz.

8. Nov 1, 2017 #7
    Okay thank you :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted